Nobody understands depression or can tell the signs

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by thebaronspell, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebaronspell

thebaronspell Well-Known Member

Was depressed recently but during that time somebody quite famous here killed themselves and nobody quite knew why and put it down to depression. No one knew they was depressed so it came to a shock to us all. One day they was making cheerful television appearances and the next morning.....

The way I was feeling before I'm kind of scared now that if I had a relapse I'd do what they'd do to escape. Also whenever I'm out with friends they normally have to come looking for me when I've drunk a bit because I'm usually standing on a bridge staring out over the river. I usually just walk home but graveyards and a large catherdal and yet I've never hurt myself once.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I often am afraid like you that someday the deep sadness will take me away. The thing that keeps me here in those dark moments is my family hun I am sorry that person just could not see past the pain. You need to find one thing that will keep you anchored here okay always have a crisis number on you as well so when you are down you can call someone who will help you Hugs to you
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I always say that people see what they want to see, and that includes a person's desperation as well...also, people who are that disraught are sometimes so good at living a dual life, with little to no indication IRL that these things are going on...please continue to talk about how you are feeling so that your feelings do not go unnoticed...we are here and we care
  4. DrNick1010

DrNick1010 Well-Known Member

I feel scared about the future as well. I mean, I have close friends and family right now, but it feels like eventually I'm going to lose them to death and time. Already I don't feel as close to most of those people because I don't live near them. Depression often feels like terminal cancer that you're continually dying from and I'm so afraid that it'll just become all too much for me and I'll have a nervous breakdown and grab for the closest method available. It's such a strange feeling, like you can't trust even yourself. I don't want to die, but I'm so afraid that I'll kill myself while I'm in basically another state of consciousness.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.