Nobody's Listening

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by PandorasToybox, Aug 3, 2009.

1. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

I called my mom today. She couldn't talk to me because she was busy at horse show with another girl she considers her daughter...of course to friggin fill in the "void" I created in her life when I stopped competing... She demanded to know why I was calling her when she was busy with the other girl & the horses. I told her I just wanted to say hi because we hadn't talked since she got back from her trip & she was like "is that all?" & I was like "Ok, fine bye..".

Its always about the horses & if I don't ride then she finds someone to replace me & she rubs it in. She pulls the cliche "Well so & so's daughter.." & I feel like shit. I'm falling apart & she cant give me aminute of her time because she's either too busy with the horses, her other "daughters" or work... This is family number 2 for me & this one is falling apart as well... I'm still living through family #1's disaster & I friggin am going insane. I see my parent's like less than once a week, & I spend 24/7 sitting in my apartment alone wishing it would all just end..

2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Wow that's harsh I don't know what to say. What do you mean family no. 2?
    My Mum is the same, she has no time for me unless I do what she wants.
    Have you ever sat down with her and told her how you are feeling? Told her exactly what she is doing to you and how second rate she is making you feel? You're hear daughter, she shouldn't be putting somebody else first.

3. PandorasToybox

My first family split, my mom walked away, my dad went insane, & my sister went to go live w/ my grandparents. I got sent to live w/ my aunt & uncle & they adopted me.

We never really have ever believed in regular family values.. I don't how to explain it but it's like everybody could better use family time or whatever to build up success or go off & live their own lives.

Talking to her results in bad fights where I'll end up building told I'm mental or she'll get pissed off & smack me...always on the right side of my face too :mellow:

4. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

What? Oh my Goodness, I'm so sorry. :(
    Have you ever thought about maybe just getting away from them? I know that sounds bad but sometimes it can be the best thing.

5. PandorasToybox

It's hard to get away from something you're already away from though. She never stops from 3 seconds & it drives me nuts!