Non-habit forming my ass!

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by WhyMeWhy, Jan 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WhyMeWhy

WhyMeWhy Well-Known Member

It must be me, something must be wrong.... because I'm addicted to dyphenhydramine. I love taking large amounts. These are store bought sleeping pillls(unisom, etc.) and also antihistamines(benadryl). I take large amounts and go about doing normal things-no prob. They do not put me to sleep, they can help-but only if I'm already tired. I was prescribed them 3-4 times a day for anxiety at one point.... and I'm going to get my doc to put me back on them. I need to take them when I have nothing else to take. My family has a history of addictions-maybe that's the problem? Anyway, I'm on vistaril for anxiety now.... & dyphenhydramine works better for me anyway.
    Why would they say that it's non-habit forming if it can be.... just because there are no physical withdrawals? There are no physical withdrawals to valium that I know of, yet they call that habit-forming.... and I think that dyphenhydramine works better than diazepam or xanax for me.... it's just that diazepam or xanax feel better to most ppl, making them much more potentially addictive. In some countries diazepam(valium) as well as soma are legally bought right off a store shelf. I'm moving there-post haste.
  2. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

What countries are benzos on the shelf? Just trying to plan a wannabe intinerary.:biggrin:
  3. WhyMeWhy

As long as you know the currency exchange properly you won't get jipped. It's in Mexico that they sell generic soma and valium. The valium(diazepam) come in little packets and the soma comes in a bottle, like a bottle of aspirin.
  4. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

Fabulous, and Mexico is so cheap and easy to navigate,(with a weapon of some type). Also the weather at this time of year is ideal. What's soma?
  5. WhyMeWhy

Soma is a muscle relaxer-quite strong-possibly classified as narcotic
  6. WhyMeWhy

7. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

lol, your posts are very entertaining, Rojo.

Carisoprodol (Soma) is the active metabolite of one of the first-gen "minor" tranquilizers (brand names Equanil & Miltown). They are not technically "narcotic" but belong to a group called carbamates.

Soma is mildy habit-forming, "abusable" :laugh: (there's just some about that word...), and actually slated to become a federally controlled substance in the U.S. in the near future (it is currently controlled (Sch V, I think?) only on a state-level, and in very few states).

Diphenydramine is not a benzo but an antihistamine with a major side-effect of drowsiness. It's not very abusable nor addicting and fairly innocuous in that respect. Hilariously to me, the same drug is market OTC as a "sleep aid" for its major, most annoying side-effect when used for allergies and such.

Hilarious because of public ignorance: This shit is sold at OUTRAGEOUS prices when boxed & labeled under Unisom, Sominex, Nytol, hell even "Tylenol PM" (combines two drugs; often overkill for the unknowing, all-trusting consumer).

It is sold--same dosage and all--at prices many times higher than what you can find in generic diphenydramine at the drugstore or even Wal-Mart. lol

Be a smart consumer.

8. WhyMeWhy

Very True. But for purposes of wasting money buy Motrin PM-there is 36 mg. of dyphenhydramine in each pill, as opposed to 25 mg. each other branded pill contains. Info for ppl who hate generic brands.

Generic branded pills containing the same ingredients as Tylenol PM or Exedrin PM are $1.00+ tax at their cheapest where I reside-this is 24 pills usually.
    However..... the company A&Z Pharmaceuticals out-sells Tylenol's Simply Sleep formula for having the same ingredient(dyphenhydramine) available at the price of $1.00+ tax.... & giving you around 30 pills per bottle(I suspect the pill-counter is off aways, which is how they can offer it for the price that they do). I suspect prices will differ where you are, but you can always look for it on the net. :wink:
  9. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

lol WMW, I like your 'Net sources but where I live (U.S.) I can walk into my Food Lion five minutes away on foot where they sell bottles containing 100 @ $2.99. I usually grab four at a time, I mean why not. lol
  10. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

< Mod Edit - Quoted deleted post > Ohh I don't know Alex, maybe because "Special K" is an injectable derivate of PCP and is illegal?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2008
  11. WhyMeWhy

Yes yes where I reside less than 5 min. away you get 90 for your price.... you've beat me by 10 pills. :tongue:
  12. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

The special k i took was from a guy i knew who was a veterinarian. Have no idea what dose it was. we were at the beach and took it, and everything went slow-mo. Played volleyball & the ball just seemed to stay in the air SO long. Kind of like ecstasy-slow motion. i think he told us later it was the ones they give to the horses. My posts all belong in substance abuse. Plus, vets in the US don't even give flea meds without a
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2008
  13. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

LOL, WMW. :)

Rojo: LOL, wild. I hear ya. The original post to which I referred was just completely inappropriate in this of all forums (which I why made a fuss).

14. cupiononesse

cupiononesse Active Member

Ahh ketamine. Took it once, been craving it ever since. I am able to stay strong against it but I don't know how. Such a beautiful dissociative trip :'(. I've stopped abusing it now, but I don't know how I can quit wanting it.
    As for the others, if I knew antihistamines were abusable I'd already be there ;).
  15. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Never had a real go at opiates or opioids, or anything else which may activate the mu receptors, and for that I am sooooooo greatful.

You see, I'm a benzo-dependent, formerly active alcoholic. lol

That's quite enough, I'd say lol. So I avoid the ketamines and the Vicodins like the plague because they may just make me feel gloriously happy.

The impending addiction could be the end of me. :unsure:

16. WhyMeWhy

I find dyphenhydramine just as psychologially addictive as opiates I've taken such as lortab, lorcet, percocet, percodan, darvocet... even methadone.
    The only things that beat those pills are the strongest opiates= oxycontin, morphine, dilaudid & so on. Also I don't drink so I can mix dyphenhydramine w/ barbs or benzos. When I have nothing else I simply must have my dyphen or I go off bigtime. They are calling Ambien CR non-habit-forming, though I doubt this is true. Ambien itself is addictive, like valium. I need to get some CR & try it out.
  17. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Your doubts are spot-on, WhyMeMy. These newer, widely touted and advertised, deceptively innocous (non-addicting) sleeping aids are proving to be just as troublesome for the addiction-prone as anything else.

From this short dictionary

If you are going experiment this stuff (as class called imidazopyrdines), proceed with caution.

:eek: ToHelp
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.