Non-Painful Methods?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TrAgIcK EvEntZ, Mar 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrAgIcK EvEntZ

TrAgIcK EvEntZ Well-Known Member

Could anyone please give me some non-painful methods to end my life? I know my uncle has a pistol, but splattering my brain is something I KNOW I can't do. Please help?

2. Hanging by a thread

Hanging by a thread Well-Known Member

hello! This is a pro life forum so were not going to give out any methods hun x what makes u feel like u want to end ur life x

3. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

Hello, I'm sorry that you are suffering as you must be to come to a site looking for methods, but I'm sorry you will not get them here, but you are welcome to stay and receive support. :)

I copied this from the rules so you won't be confused about this:

• This is a pro-life support forum for people in crisis. We do not provide or share suicide methods. Do not provide other members with knowledge on how to harm or terminate themselves in any way (this INCLUDES providing links to pro-suicide sites or pro-choice as some people like to call them); do NOT encourage self harm, eating disorders, violence against others or suicide.

Take care hun. :hug:

4. TrAgIcK EvEntZ

TrAgIcK EvEntZ Well-Known Member

I can't sleep without having these dreams reminding me of my past. I tried to forget, but only when I go to sleep, the same dreams keeps returning and returning. I guess I can never go to sleep again.

5. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

Maybe it could help to discuss your past, and what is making you have these bad dreams.

do you have anyone close you could talk to?

Or, feel free to PM me.
    xx

6. LonelyTraveler

LonelyTraveler Well-Known Member

heheheh, yeah, this is a pro-agony forum, so don't come here thinking you're gonna get useful advice. Just mindless "Hang on!" and "Why do you feel this way?" garbage.

<Mod Edit: Innapropriate>

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2008
  7. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

*frowns* If you don't like here, no-one's forcing you to stay, LonelyTraveller.
    Just because the responses don't work for you, doesn't mean that they don't work for others :) .

To the OP: Welcome!

8. LonelyTraveler

Yeah, gotta love a site that edits the truth out of posts.

9. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

lonely - i think it was edited because it read like you were encouraging the OP to go ahead with his/her plans. like it or not, there are rules against that.

tragick - there is nothing wrong with reaching out for some help right now. suicide looks like the best option, but you can make other choices. would you want to get some in-person support?

catherine

10. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

This isn't the thread to discuss your perceptions of SF in.
    If you want to vent about how you feel about SF - post in Letters to Management.
    If you wish to start a debate, do it in the Soap Box - not here however.

Indeed - this was why I edited out a bit.

11. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Lonelytraveler - Good to see another ASHer. I'm looking forward to catching that bus.

12. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

if thats aimed at me, i was only trying to talk to someone who obviously want to talk things out. Your attitude is pathetic, though i will not waste anymore of this individuals thread pointing out the obvious.

13. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

It was aimed at the people who were pointing out the fact that it was a pro-life forum, I think...

Regardless, can we all get back to supporting the OP please :) :grouphug:

14. LonelyTraveler

We all support the OP from whatever perspective each of us sees fit. Some from the perspective that talking to the ocean waves will convince them to stop crashing into the shore, others from the perspective of accepting that the waves will not stop.

Talk into one hand, and crap into the other. Which one fills up first?

Talking is fine if you want nothing to happen. Something has to do something and change for things to get better. He/she has to make a choice.

15. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

I agree.

16. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Look. The bottom line is that this site is a pro life site. You're not supposed to share methods here. It's just that simple. Those are the rules. There are rules everywhere you go.

I've been on a few pro choice sites myself and I'm not really against them. But I abide by the wishes of the mods wherever I go. The owners of this site are the ones who have to take the heat if people give out methods here and some kid offs himself with SF on his computer. Believe me, people can and do blame web sites for things that happen in the real world.

Honestly, in this day and age, do you really think anyone wants or needs that kind of heat?

Let me ask you. What are the site owners supposed to say if something like that happens and a news reporter goes to their door and asks them why they allowed that kind of discussion to take place on their web site and broadcasts it on the news? How do you think their neighbors would react? Their employers? This is reality. You can't just ignore that and pretend that people won't blame you.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2008
  17. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hang on LonelyTraveler. :smile:

18. LonelyTraveler

Rules are rules and I did not break them. The OP asked for non-painful methods, and I believe that questions deserve answers instead of a kneejerk "hang on" or "why do you feel this way?". So I did my best to give him an answer even if was to say that what he was looking for would not be easily found, if it existed at all. Then I gave an analogy to support my answer. I am not to blame for others' perceptions. I did not encourage suicide; but like a business owner who closes the doors when he believes the business has become unprofitable, I do not believe that suicidal people should be forced to live in a life that is a losing venture. How sadistic can you be to want to trap someone into a life of that kind of pain?

If I were a site owner and something of that sort happened. I would turn it back on the reporters and ask them why the public perpetuates the stigma and forces people to turn to total strangers on internet websites to discuss their dark thoughts in anonymity instead of encouraging them to sit down and talk with their friends and family who supposedly "loved" them. People may believe that the tragedy was the suicide. I say they are in denial because the tragedy existed long before the person made that choice.

19. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Either way, LonelyTraveller - this site is pro-life, and any comments that are deemed to be pro-choice in any way will be edited out / deleted. That's the way it is, and the way it'll stay.
    The reason for this, is that it is illegal to promote / allow aiding of suicide, thereby by leaving pro-choice comments / methods up on the forum, that is exactly what we're doing.
    Personally, I'd much rather have a pro-life site, which - although it may irritate people at times - saves people, than one that encourages them to die by effectively giving out methods and the like.

As I've said - this thread is now going in the direction of being hijacked by these posts, can we please get back to supporting the OP. Thanks.

20. LonelyTraveler

Supporting him in what? He wants methods. You want him to suffer by intentionally withholding that information. Any so-called "support" you would allow the community to give him would not be useful to him, and would therefore be off topic, apparently violating the rules. So what's left?

pro-choice does not equate to pro-death as you may want to believe. It is merely the acceptance that it is wrong to control another human being's decisions for your own selfish gain.

It is a stalemate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.