non-stop cutting

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Danny Crooks, Oct 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danny Crooks

Danny Crooks Well-Known Member

I just cant help it, i seem to be cutting more anfd more each day cut cut cut fuckin cut RAH yesterday i carved the word "scarred" into my arm. why? focus. do not know how to stop. any ideas?

2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

I guess it would help to pinpoint your triggers, once you pinpoint your triggers you have more chance of gaining the control. Is there any way to stop yourself from being put in the situation where you feel like hurting yourself (a way to get away from the trigger)? You could think into the future, and if you do get triggered or feel an urge to self arm again, what could you do to distract yourself?

It's a difficult challenge but one that is possible.

You could set yourself a goal and when you reach the goal treat yourself to something you enjoy.

Here's two threads about distractions, hopefully they'll be of some help:
    http://www.suicideforum.com/showthread.php?t=37562
    http://www.suicideforum.com/showthread.php?t=10275

:hug:

3. Lace-Me-Up-x

Lace-Me-Up-x Member

Try and work out why you're cutting so often.
    When you feel like you want to cut, try and distracxt yourself. Write or draw or do a hobby.
    Has anything happened recently to cause this or has it been a steady build up over a period of time?

4. Danny Crooks

just after my breakdown i started, ..then i got a small habit which im kicking, . so depressed.

5. Danny Crooks

I've been doing alot of number 33 on the first link.
    33 is my lucky number
    i dont trust the other numbers
    problem is i cant quite focus on distraxctions, my mind keeps coming backto wanting to, no, fuck that, NEEDING to cut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.