Non-Suicidal Death...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately I've been having less thoughts about suicide, but more of other ways of dying. For example, a fatal car crash. Something that doesn't involve taking my own life, but having something else do it for me. I'm thinking along the lines of maybe dying in that way wouldn't hurt my family so much. They wouldn't blame themselves, or be left hanging trying to put together a forever broken puzzle. Any thoughts? Is this normal for anyone else?

Lately I've been having less thoughts about suicide, but more of other ways of dying. For example, a fatal car crash. Something that doesn't involve taking my own life, but having something else do it for me. I'm thinking along the lines of maybe dying in that way wouldn't hurt my family so much. They wouldn't blame themselves, or be left hanging trying to put together a forever broken puzzle. Any thoughts? Is this normal for anyone else?
Very much so. I commute and every day while I am driving I am just hoping that the semi in the other lane will jacknife infront of me. Or I contemplate 'loosing control' of my car and running into a tree. Of course I wouldn't be able to cause a collision between me and another car, but I often hope they run into me.

It would be nice if I could just die by 'accident'.

Allo..

I think about dying by accident a fair bit, i think id like it. I wouldnt wanna go thru to much pain tho.. But it would be good. There wouldnt be so much pain and my family wouldnt feel like blaming themselves or trying to work out what had happened, it would be there in the clear, as easy as anything. Sure it would still hurt them, but not as much.. Just dont try and make it happen =) take care x

TheBLA

The biggest loser ever to live.
Yes, I think about it as well, but I'd want my death to be as quick and painless as possible, suicide or not.

My view is that some people who are suicidle are generally scared of actually doing it, and think it would be easier to have someone else do it for them, in other words wish for something terrible to happen to them. So in that way someone or something else is doing what that person 'dreams' of, i would say its perfectally normal for someone with depression to have thoughts such as that, all of has or have had those kinda thoughts at some point, remember we are here to talk, to help, to listen, call on us when you are in need :smile:

Here if you need me,

Vikki x

:hug:

claycad

I have been discussing suicide with my therapist and how I have thought about suicide and other ways of dying. She thinks that I use death as an escape. It’s a distorted way of escaping from reality. While most people use other means of escape, I fantasize about death. Um, it made more sense when she explained it, but we are going to work on healthier ways for me to escape from reality.

sadgirl2

I have the same type of thoughts alot of the time. I don't want to have a car crash and end up a vegitable. That would be my luck. The thought of dying and not having it be by my own hand seems like it would be easier on those left behind. I have recently lost two close people in my life and that has shown me how bad it feels to loose someone. It helped to jolt me out of thinking about it so much.

Hopefully you will find a reason to live. That is what I have been working on.

allofme

Staff Alumni
i have had a semi hit me... i have had a car push my car into a building... if this is something you hope for be careful... it only killed my spirit... my "life" as i knew it...

it left me breathing...but i cant say i am alive....
be safe and please dont think there is an easy way out...

none of these were attempts of suicide.. untill then i was relitively ok with my life... now.... i think of su and sh.... so please while driving pay attention...
as for thinking death being my salvation from life ... i am all on that

i personally find these accidental death fantasies a lot more comforting then thoughts of suicide

i used to think a lot of suicide and now it has switched to the above and idk it feels less terrible that way

lebigmac

I’ve had these thoughts lately too. Like what if some random person just came up from behind, pointed a gun at my head and pulled the trigger a la American Beauty. To most people, this idea would seem macabre. To me, pleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00