nonjudgmental and respecting others

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Darken, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darken

Darken Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I love freedom, but I dislike lots of things that I believe keeps people behind in progress to a better world. So I hold no respect for those things. Lately though, I'm starting to let go of any grudges I have. To let go of any negative emotions. When every one judges one another that leads to a antifreedom mindset does it not? When some one says this and that are bad we should not allow it. Or that person is stupid or that person is repulsive. I try not to do these things, but I'm only human and still do. I'm getting better though.

Even the most successful person will have some one who does better. This is why I think every one is equal, or should be treated equally. Like animal cruelty for example, what should I say really. We torture animals that we grow for food and give them hellish lives. So using the same mind set that its okay cause we are superior, we could have aliens using humans as cattle and making our lives hell. Thats why it is not right to me, it leads to never ending suffering of one or the other. For the over all good we should not have that mindset. If you think a person is lower than your self there will be another who thinks the same of you. So the least harm or the best for the whole, would be to not be an elitist. With freedom, it's faster progression that a elite dictatorship imo because when people are free they natural compete better also the creativity and inviduality makes for quicker expansion of ideas. You could say freedom never lasts that long but there is a reason, what is that reason? Thats a good question for another discussion, but I definitely believe It's not because the idea of freedom itselft is flawed.

We are all doing harm in one way or another so who am I to say this or that person is bad. So where do right and wrong fit in this mindset? Well, I believe that the right thing will always lead to better results. THat is how you can tell it's right. So if for example we had a law banning some thing, if we were to remove that law and it lowered crime and or other beneficial results overall you could say it was right thing to do I guess. This is some basic philosophy but I have not studied the subject very much.

Is there hope in an atheistic world where the cruel elite will always control the benevolent? Where chaos and corruption always remain the norm? I don't think so but I no longer believe that to be what life is always like.

I'm not trying to debate any thing, just saying that I think it's good to be nonjudgmental and neutrally respectful to others. So when some body does some thing wrong you simply think "thats a bad choice to make" and do not harbor hate or judgement. It is not about good and evil it's about making the best decisions for the best quality of life for the whole. What the that is depends on you, could be your country, humankind or all intelligent beings on this world.

2. Random

Random Well-Known Member

It's an ideal. And it sounds great. Problem is, it's impossible to achieve. Everybody is judgmental to a certain extent. And everybody is disrespectful from time to time (even if they don't do it deliberately). It's a great thing to strive for but just be sure you remain realistic.

3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

With greater awareness and understanding it becomes much easier to become nonjudgemental.

As I've looked inside myself and understand more about myself, I understand more about why others do the things they do. All "evil, bad, negative" in the world just comes from denial. Denial of inner pain. Hitler was a man in a lot of pain I think. How could I be angry with him? I think I had this dicussion on another thread. But seriously, how could I judge another? I have no idea what their life is like, how they interpret things. How could I ever get angry with someone else when they are doing the best they can and that's all I could ever ask.

It is very hard for me to judge another after having been suicidal and exploring myself.

4. zzz

zzz Well-Known Member

“I'm starting to let go of any grudges I have. To let go of any negative emotions. When every one judges one another that leads to a antifreedom mindset does it not? When some one says this and that are bad we should not allow it. Or that person is stupid or that person is repulsive. I try not to do these things.”

Well done Darken, you are on the road to greatness.

And don’t listen to anyone who tells you it can’t be done.

There is a huge reward awaiting anyone who makes a serious attempt to do this.

Same for you fromthatshow, that was a very insightful post.

Hi Random. You can do it too. Try it and see how your sleep improves.

Sweet feelings from zzz.

5. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

It's possible to achieve this. Alot of it may well involve training of the mind. At our most basic level, Humans are judgemental creatures but if you continue to push to be non-judgemental and respectful then you can achieve it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.