nonstop loneliness

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by clairedelune, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clairedelune

clairedelune Well-Known Member

It's ironic because even if I have no right to be lonely because I have people surrounding me and doing nothing bad to me, I still feel very lonely. Like, I'm just there but I'm unnoticed, unloved, and I feel like I don't deserve any of their concerns. My life is like a big lie. I feel like every person I've known is cheating on me. Why do I feel this way? When can I ever be truly happy?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun many of us feel that way. I hope you know you are not alone here. Hugs

3. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

You know, it isn't about what you've got the right to feel, or how much you do or do not deserve, it's the condition that we're all faced with. And it robs us of our happiness and our sense of normalcy... Just because you've got a lot of people behind you--both personally & professionally--that doesn't exclude you from the feelings of acute loneliness. And this is because it is the result of our sickness/illness. You can't really reason with it like you would if you were not afflicted with it, taking stock of your current situation at home and at work and amongst your circle of friends. It doesn't work that way, I wish it were that simple, easy & logical, but if that were true, then nobody would ever get sick when things were going great in their lives. No one would ever hurt themselves when things were sailing smoothly... I wish that it made more sense, but you've just got to focus on the positive and not worry excessively about the things with which you cannot control. You have my best!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2012
  4. Hopelessly lost

Hopelessly lost New Member

I wont tell you that everyone feels how you do because I hear that all of the time and it never makes me feel better. If everyone out there feels like you and I then why don't more people admit to it so we can all connect and just maybe then the world won't feel so lonely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.