Noob

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by mizzle, Jun 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mizzle

mizzle New Member

G'day
    I've been suicidal for the last 2 and a half years.
    At 37 I am fortunate enough that I haven't had this problem from an earlier age, like so many do.
    I have been admitted to hospital (mental health units) 6 times in the past 2 yrs.
    Given various diagnosis, PTSD...etc. (thanks DSM IV ha, ha :))
    I survived an attempted suicide Nov. last year. With previous near fatal 'practise-runs'.
    I have been taking an SSRI and a mood stabiliser, seeing a therapist..etc.
    Every day, hour, minute feels like a struggle to survive.
    I want to get better, I am so ashamed. Thanx SF

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and welcome...if you had a cardiac problem, would you feel ashamed? I think mental health issues from with them certain stigmas that are just unfair...please consider that you are doing your best and not intending to feel this way...welcome again

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

That reminds me of a sign in my doctor's practice, it reads Would you help your friend if they were having a heart attack? Then it goes on to say What if they were depressed?

So..yeah, you have nothing to feel ashamed about and I hope your experience here at SF is a good one, welcome. :)

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to the forum. I am sorry to hear depression has taken hold of you. Thank you for having the courage to seek help. That is the most difficult step. :hug:

5. mizzle

mizzle New Member

Thank you, kind people :) I am really struggling tonight. Self-harm..

6. mizzle

mizzle New Member

Made it through the night (with minimal self harm). Phew! Alcohol and depression don't mix. You're right about the shame, I wouldn't place that harsh judgment on another person. Thanks again guys for the support :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.