Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by thedeafmusician, Apr 26, 2007.

1. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

this cannot happen, mum and dad might actually HAVE to get professional help now, because i went and blabbed that dad tried to kill himself. ok now i just prolly sound really weird if anything, but that's NOT GOOD. they are not going to want it, and even if someone DROVE them there they'd prolly walk out or something. i know that she has to because its in the code of ethics and under duty of care what with me being a minor and all that, but still... grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i am gonna get into so much shit...

2. Robin

Robin Guest

It;s funny how the mind works, each person normally has their own reasons for not getting help, especially if that help is forced on them, however, I think you did the right thing.

Things need to change for you, if that means your parents need help too then so be it. The better they feel the more able they will be able to look after you, you are the most important thing in the family, you are the future who will hopefully bring future generations forward and teach them what you've learned in the world so that they don't have to make the same mistakes you may have made or your parents have made.

Hopefully this will beneift your parents mental health and in turn benefit you in return :hug:
  3. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

i know its essentially the right thing to do - any sane and rational person would think that too. but its just all confusing and i hate it is all. i knew it was coming... i just didn't know when. what is it with that anyway? i even knew for years that dad was going to try suicide one day, and did i do anything about it? no. i should have said something, but noooo, i had to keep my mouth shut of course. i've given up asking my parents for support, there's no point in it. me and mum switched roles ages ago, and as for dad? lets not go there. bah its just too confusing. :wallbash:
  4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

And now the cat's out of the bag so to can only get better.
    This is not a burden for your young shoulders, let someone else take it on for a bit :hug:
  5. mp

mp Well-Known Member

i think you did the right thing, even if they don't want it.
    I'm sure professional help will help them and you a lot!

Take care,