Norcos junkie

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Hannahp, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hannahp

Hannahp Member

I am hooked on Norcos and ambien. I counted this morning and I have 4 left each day until Wednesday when I see my doctor again. my doctor has left the practice for some reason so they are giving me another doctor in the firm. which terrifies me I usually get scripts from my doctor that is supposed to cover a two month period. I have always taken to much to get that high feeling that you get and always run out. I have gotten epidural injections but they don't work.

I have a bad back problem since around my 30 years of age so I have been on them for years. I had an intervention with my roommate and I stopped for almost three months. maybe to some people that is a short time but an addict knows that is a very long time. so I have been on the norcos and ambien for the last two years.

I am thinking of coming clean to the doctor, which I never had before. but I know me I will go in there and lie my way just to get the meds. He might suggest stop taking the drug.

so I have a question. what is the best meds to take for withdrawl? methadone? Thank you for your help whoever responds.

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

There is virtually no chance they will give you methadone for withdrawal from norco. The fact that you run out every time you get a script means you know how to go through the withdrawals and make it fine and that is what the Dr is likely to say. They also know if you have been on pain meds long term there is an addiction factor as that is the norm as opposed to the exception. The best thing to do is to ask the Dr to give you 1 week or 2 week scripts as opposed to 2 month scripts to help you moderate your use......

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I have to agree with NYJmpMaster hun let your doc know you are having troubles ok taking the meds appropriately and ask doc to just give you a week at a time so you are not tempted to overuse and in doing so you will safely come down from using them incorrectly

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.