normal or insane?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Theory, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Theory

Theory Well-Known Member

is it normal? i keep turning to SH when im angry, sad, hurt, when i feel lost and numb and cold and scared and dunno how to continue and keep turning to SH... keep adding lines that i wish i couldn't but i just do it cause it feels good, it makes all the pressure inside go <<SSSWWWWOOOSSSH!>> and its gone for a while and i can finnally let out a small sigh of relieve and some sort of grin...

is it normal? or am i going insane? is so addicting... :sad:

2. darkplace

darkplace Well-Known Member

It is addictive, your not alone. We should try and stop as we will only look back on it and regret the marks we have made. But i use it to let out feelings and pain that i cant let out anyother way. I do it to prevent myself form doing other things. I think it is normal for us to want to do this. But insane is to carry on. I havent cut as much latley but please try not too. Be strong friend. *hug

3. Theory

Theory Well-Known Member

thank you. but when i try to stop the urge grows stronger and i do it deeper instead... what sort of animal have i become? :sad: :mellow:

4. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

It's linked to anxiety, no?

Trying to stop builds anxiety, and your relief to that anxiety is cutting.

5. Theory

Theory Well-Known Member

yes. :sad: found painless way to end life. dunno when thoiught. :sad:

6. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

It's not normal, but you aint insane :hug:

I used to self harm too so i know how does it feel

So.... if you need talk, you can PM me...

7. Theory

Theory Well-Known Member

aaaah don't feeel like stoping/
    its hurts so much but i wont stop.

8. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Its better to stop now, cause it becomes addiction very soon...

9. shadowheart

shadowheart Well-Known Member

i was addicted to cutting. i think i still am. i was made to stop before i was ready. so i cut again. and its probs not the same, but how you described cutting make all your crap emotions and stuff go "swoosh" and give you reliefe ....is how i used to feel. i would feel stressed and out of control...and then just feel better all of a sudden when i could cut myself.....

i dont think you are insane.....its a hard thing to give up because it makes all the other stuff go away for a while......and i dont think you should stop untill you are ready to.....else you will just go back to it anyway.

try to find some other way to get rid of ur anxiety before it makes you want to cut.....like listening to excellent music....or going running or something.....

*hgu* < thats supposed to be a hug....but it got a little messed up....sorry

10. Theory

Theory Well-Known Member

thank u

11. purplefizz

purplefizz Senior Member

It's normal for a self-injurer. I know what you're going through. It's difficult to stop, unfortunately.

:hug:

12. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

all of us who are in SF for self harm surely know this, but oh well, once u start hurting yourself to release some feeling that u had kept inside(anger, dispair, lonelyness,sadness, etc) u start doing it again for smaller things, and u start doing more often that before.
    At the begining it might be a small scar, "nothing is wrong my cat scratchd me" but later on it takes control over your actions, and BELIEVE ME this is true. You will start to need it phsycialy, because what u do when you hurt yourself is make the body realease endorphines that are the responsibles of the love u feel. THe body, will start asking u fro more enorphines because it gets used to the regular "dosis" u give it. so the urge will grow, and the scars will increase, and then is when you start finding reasons to feel bad/upset/angry just to hurt yourself, you will stop doing it because ,for example, you are andgry, and you will start being angry just to be able to do it.

I dont know for how long u have been doing this, but u need to stop this before u cant handle it anymore. its not going to be fun, and its not going to feel good.

take care :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.