Normal part of grief? I'm terrified!

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by joanne, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joanne

joanne Member

My disclaimer: I haven't logged on for a long time and I understand that it's a bit selfish to expect a response...but perhaps someone is experiencing this.

In brief, I lost my father to suicide 5 years ago and then my mother died suddenly of a thrombosis last year.

In addition to what I call, my manageable grief I am experiencing escalating feelings of terror in relation to my own health. I cannot control it, especially at night. I am literally jumping out of bed in the middle of the night with clammy hands, sweating and my heart racing; convinced that something is terribly wrong. Obviously once you poke around enough you begin to convince yourself that something doesn't feel/look right.

I am absolutely beyond mortified by this. I cannot stress enough that I am not feeding this problem it is coming from somewhere in my head and it is out of control.

2. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

grief affects people in so many different ways but i dont think that it is ever possible to completly manage it. but i am so sorry that you are going through this

have you thought about going to see a doctor. it may relax all of your fears about your health

3. joanne

joanne Member

Hi, Yes I'm planning on it in the next couple of months. What can I say - I know how lame it all sounds. It would be nice to get my anxiety down to a reasonable level first.

edit: thanks for reading my post and taking the time to post

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2009
  4. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

how can your feelings sound lame? your going through something that you need help with and one of the hardest things to do is ask for help in the first place so you should be proud of yourself for doing that. stay strong and take care x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.