North carolina bans Gay marriage and civial unions 29th state to do so....

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Pasta08, May 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pasta08

Pasta08 Banned Member

2. Perhapsa3

Perhapsa3 Well-Known Member

Some gay people may not want the responsibilities involved in marriage. Just as a male might want to sew his wild oats a lesbian might want to sew hers. Think about the mental and physical rigors of a heterosexual marriage, then a gay marriage. You'd have to be on top of your mental health at all times. There's more to a gay marriage than 'Yah we can do it' especially when children are involved. Can you imagine the culture shock? Win-Win situation either way.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2012
  3. Baldr

Baldr Moderator Staff Member Safety & Support

Maybe you do need to be 'at the top of your mental health' at all times in a homosexual relationship, but I think that is only more the case because of how society responds to it.
    If society would be more accepting, it would be just the same as a heterosexual marriage, and I think gay marriage is just another step towards complete homosexual acceptance.
    I think it's a very bad thing that so many people in the US think that way, and I think it needs change.
  4. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

I'm so sick of this unjustifiable discrimination against people simply because they're homosexual. North Carolinians should feel ashamed of their state government right now.
  5. Rainfall

Rainfall Well-Known Member

All these steps forward...then this step back. What are North Carolina gonna do next? Ban marriage for gingers? Ban marriage for people with blue eyes? Ban marriage for Buddhists? It's just pure discrimination.
  6. Pasta08

Pasta08 Banned Member

We may not agree with what they decided but this country is a democracy and it was left up to the people and they spoke loud and clear. IMHO I don't believe this to be a civil rights issue it has never been that.
  7. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

It's as much a civil rights issue as racial segregation. It's something that should be fought and taken all the way to the Supreme Court to set the record straight that it IS discrimination and it IS a violation of their 14th amendment rights to be recognized by the law as equal citizens. Just because "it's what they decided" doesn't mean it's legitimate and without grounds for being challenged. Slavery and the subsequent Jim Crow era was "what they decided" not THAT long ago, and it too was wrong. People need to stop sleeping on injustice when it happens and start railing against it, shaming it at every corner and turn. NO ONE is inferior to anyone else and they shouldn't be treated as if it were true.
  8. Perhapsa3

Laws aren't reality they exist to create the illusion of a supportive system. A license is not going to solve the validation issues of gay marriage especially with loopholes everyone seems so fond of.
  9. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

meh are you suprised? You think we all talk, but we really, really dont know how to just yet. Fucking fears and lies and plain ignorance countered with completely irrational or overblown understandings that just tune people off. They're.. people. Appeasing the immense volume of cluster fucked issues that continually evolve is mind boggeling. Too bad americas fucking it up more and more day in and day out. But on the flip side, good on you for bringing it always to light and giving the opportunity for a unified respect for human life. ..blah blah blah.. fucking sickening cause people have the right to exist, cause they freaken do. .. idk.. nothings in tune it's all backwards forwards and making so many issues to try and level off, and help those people whom are so afraid of things to honestly look at it from their own eyes. Instead of through some narrowed facade that gives them a dilluded appeasment in their own lives. Im not being funny, but whats your problem? Guess some people need some understanding and explanation to calm their fears, or .. ug. Scape goats, vents, ...Someone less to hate! whatever will you do! oh you might have to look at YOUR life again. But no... no no. Fuck the people outside of your life. They're different. Oh we've got some old written shit from some idiot back in the day thinking the same thing! Justified. Sealed deal.. blah blah.. then youve got the people who re-direct anger and fears onto avatars such as the concept of "gay" and wow. ... Just people. but no, they're the devil arent they.

Fucking hell... im gonna be dead before this world even considers respecting existence throughout. Fuck you guys for fucking over our own species with fear and hate. Wake up.. be honest. It's stupid and you just can't let go of something that doesn't exist because you need it to. Sick justifications, im tired of hearing it all the time.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2012
  10. Pasta08

Pasta08 Banned Member

Thats about the most delusional thing i have heard. Go break some laws and when your in jail tell me its an illusion.
  11. Perhapsa3

I've had people read my thoughts and tell anyone interested my private information such as finances, passwords and everything I've ever done. To this day the second I step out of my apartment someone is talking about anything and everything I'm doing. What I buy, what I eat and how I take a fucking shower. This is more than against the privacy laws and these people aren't in jail. They go out and talk about how much fun they have doing it. Maybe you need to be enlightened. :numbness:
  12. justMe7

no no no look. Laws are there to reinforce the best qualities of human nature. They arent human nature. The laws applied have to respect the situation and people involved. A law to the T is a dictatorship. A law brought to a situation to respect life and all involved while standing firm by the principles that create that society is what makes the law law. And re-enforces who we are. Blindly applying it to situations that fit the critera is CHILDISH and fucking robotic.

If anything they're saying i think that people are hiding behind the laws to cloud their own fears and ignorance. That's just my take on it, idk if that's what they exactly are meaning. It's troubeling but repetitive that laws are always brought in to define some of the most expressive parts of what makes us human. Especially when those expressions DONT HURT ANYONE. Except for those sweet spots where people see shit that doesn't exist in people.

People who don't understand, and refuse to actually talk about it hide behind laws because they are "right".
  13. justMe7

yeah alright, back on a selected track again... ug
  14. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

This, so much.
  15. Raven

Raven Guest

Bullshit laws, what a joke, tell me that people are better then this? Who the hell really cares, if someone loves another person what right do I or anyone else have to step in and say whoooo their?

This is the last gasp of a bread of people who are entering the minority, the up and coming generation has more important issues then who is sleeping with who.

Oh and fuck you if you think you have a right to tell someone who they can and can't love.

Nope I mean that last part, I will never stand hate for what someone is born as, I will never tolerate discrimination. People need to grow up.
  16. virgo

virgo Member

There is a word for the law-makers who passed that law. Homophobic.

Why spend their time adding more discrimination to the world, when we have more than enough existing already. If you live differently to the way I live, that doesn't make you a bad person, just different. As is every other human being. Are they going to discriminate against someone with a foot fetish? That too is sexually based (as far as I know), so if not, why not? Why is that okay, and who decided that it is?
  17. Perhapsa3

The public are not aware of Thought Identification (mind reading tech). There are invasion of privacy and anti-harassment laws. How can I TAKE THE LAW INTO MY OWN HANDS with something people don't even think exist and can barely be explained! That police officers won't even admit to!!!!!! The laws need to be enforced so people will stop destroying other peoples lives without punishment or responsibility.
    On the news, one guy bought a gun, went to work and shot everybody.

What about this idea. You cannot tell me who I can love but you can tell me who I cannot harm. The persons involved in a relationship need to have personal autonomy before marriage. In all respects. Add to this no sex before marriage and this is a good formula.
  18. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

As someone who lives here, it is not at all surprising. Am I disappointed? Of course. There's a 50% chance I'll want to have a "gay marriage" one day. Nevertheless, my state does tend to be... an... er... "bible belt state". So, I am not shocked at the law at all.

Also, the law was voted on. So... yeah, I'd say the vast majority of the voters are more at fault rather than just the government.
  19. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

These laws banning gay marriage are just stupid. I mean, who the hell are you to tell poeple who they can marry? Just because YOU are uncomfortable with gay couples it doesn't mean EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD SUUFER. Its just ridiculous.

I also applaude Obama for supporting gay marriage. I'm tired of people talking crap about him. He is really standing up and being an individual on many controversial topics. I just wish. I had enough time to register to vote so I could vote for him during this election.
  20. Pasta08

Pasta08 Banned Member

Don't we have more important shit to deal with then caring who sleeps with who?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.