Northern Ireland..

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Hazel, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

The place I call home, the place where I was an innocent victim of the Omagh Bomb.
    10 years on and so called peace, I'm eventually getting my life back together again, haven't had a nightmare in a long time, I can go in town centres again, even stop and have a cup of coffee. I can even hear the sound of sirens without having a panic attack, great.
    This week it's all come back to haunt me, 3 people shot dead, 2 by the 'Real IRA' who planted the Omagh Bomb and 1 by so called Dissident Republicans.
    Last night the nightmares returned, today I am anxious, nervous, hypervigilant, irritable, tired, feeling nauseous and just a general feeling of doom and gloom.
    I think of Barry, a boy of 12 when he saw things in Omagh that no one should ever have to, a young man of 20, a member of Sf who in 2007 could bear the pain no longer and ended his life.
    Sorry I'm just rambling here, I have to somehow prevent myself from sliding down into the darkness again.
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

:hug: Hazel, I'm sorry you're going through this. :hug:
  3. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

i am so sorry hazel.. am thinking of you so much x :hug:

my ex-fiance lives in lisburn, near belfast, and although it is over between us both and has been for awhile i cant help but worry about him because of the fear of the troubles so can understand. or at least try to at least

am always a pm away if you need to talk
  4. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

There is nothing I can say that you probably haven't heard already. My thoughts are with you. :hug:
  5. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Thoughts are with you Haze ... if you ever need an ear or a hug, you know where I am :hug:
  6. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Just sending you love and :hug: 's
  7. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Hopefully they catch the guys soon. i don't think we have to worry about another prolonged engagement. Hugs to all the folks out in N.Ireland.
  8. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

As I said to you yesterday, I think it is pretty much bound to happen that this sort of thing will bring back some of those feelings. I suppose the trick is in trying not to let them swamp you. Use the cbt tactics that you were taught and remember that you are no longer the person you have been over the past 10 years.
  9. helena

helena Staff Alumni

:hug: Hazel :hug:
    I have been thinking of you a lot(more) in this unsure times.
    I really am so sorry about this; you fought and fought and you won as you deserved,and
    I know how hard it was and how corageous you have been; it isn't fair :(
    Take good care of you and please, you know I'm here for you don't you?
    allways be :)
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2009
  10. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

:hug: I hope your nightmare the other night was a one off. How are you today? I don't know what to say, I just hope you don't go back down the slippery slope again, am here if you want to talk anytime. Love ya. :hug: x
  11. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Thanks so much everyone, it's very much appreciated. :smile: :grouphug:
  12. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I was wondering how you were doing today. I can only imagine what it would be, but I do know that you are a survivor and rose above all that turmoil. I know you will move beyond this too. You have the skills and resources you need. I hope that someday we are allowed to know the reason for all this, but for now we have to lean on and draw strength from our friends. Love ya hun. :hug:
  13. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

love ya, pm me if you need too!