Not a smart move

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by PandorasToybox, Oct 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PandorasToybox

PandorasToybox Well-Known Member

This sounds really bad, but I was trying to stay up all night so I could work on a paper & ended up <Mod Edit, WildCherry: Methods>. I haven't had a lot of discomfort except for a upset tummy & some mild chest pains & well I don't remember the literally was all a was dumb because I shouldn't have been taking the concerta in the first place (my dosage is 54 mg a day) aside from the assigned dosage. Now I'm a little paranoid to sleep & am having some slight tunnely vision at times but I feel great aside from that....Any recommendations? please?
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2009
  2. Seano

Seano Well-Known Member

Good morning Koi. Why not join us in the chatroom this night?
  3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Please go to the doctor. You've taken a lot of medication and you may need more help than you realize.

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I agree, I think you need to go to the doctor. Chest pain isn't good.
  5. PandorasToybox

Hey guys, so I came home from school around 5pm, & chilled on the computer...I must have COMPLETELY zoned out because it was 7pm when I suddenly started feeling really drowsy & confused...eventually it got to the point where I had no idea where I was, & I couldn't breathe. I kept my finger on my neck to keep track of my pulse & at points there would be no pulse & I would start to choke (which included bracing myself against walls). I could not for the life of me find someone to call me an ambulance (becuz of my like of ability to speak coherently) & I had to text like crazy & bang on doors. Thankfully to female best friends from school came to my aid, as well as my ex-boyfriend & our other friend.
    The paramedics were astonished that while my heart did manage to stop, my oxygen levels remained at 100% & my blood pressure normal. But they still think it could have been a mini stroke. Unfortunately I was dragging myself around the apartment floor while it was happening/
    Now... many people would probably say if something of that sorts happened, why would I not remain at the hospital? Answer.... a) the hospital is unorganized & make the process to difficult, b) beds are hard to find & c) I live minutes away soooo I'm close enough.

But let THIS be a valuable lesson to those of you who abuse or overdose on meds. I could have easily just gone to bed when I got home & and as the doctors told me, probably not have woken up.Not to mention had I not received the medical care I did, I'm very sure I would have passed out & not woken up.
  6. Seano

Seano Well-Known Member

I'm greatly relieved that you made it back again, Koi. Please think about these dosages a little before taking too many, even if yoiu need to stay up all night. Not worth it, and we need you to be lucid to keep on posting.

7. PandorasToybox

Thanks Seano =) Definitely going to think twice & remind myself of this night, next time I get thoughts of self harm. When I was choking & losing muscle contro l I was thinking "Omg this is it, I'm really going to die" & man let me tell you it was SCARRRRY! I messaged my counsellor but havent heard back but that was expected...technically I was promised to call him first buuuut it was late & I didnt want to bother him sooo I called some very loving & supportive friends. So hopefully he will get in touch =)
  8. Seano

Seano Well-Known Member

Koi, I was just thinking about a time a long time ago when I was working for a printing company and we ran 12 hour shifts 7 days a week to get the Hong Kong phone book of 1988 printed up.

I was young and money hungry, and I soon learned that if I waited around for fifteen minutes at the end of a night shift, that often, one of the four others on the day-shift team would not turn up to work, and so I got to do another 12 hours filling in for them and made overtime for 26 out of those 36 hours. Great money, but not easy to stay awake for 36 hours.

I went through around 2 cans of coca-cola per hour for those last 24 hours and luckily never got stuck in one of the rollers or under a paper reel.

Caffeine will rot your guts fairly quickly, but it seems to do the brain no harm. If you need to stay up late to complete a paper, then maybe coffee or other caffeine is a 'safer' substitute?
  9. PandorasToybox

I'm going to talk to my teachers about extensions....actually bless my business comm teacher who gave me an extension yesterday & that saved ,y life. Had I had to put in another all nighter, I would have had to taken one more pill & that one pill would have killed me for sure. Feeling yourself without a pulse is the scariest feeling & emptiest's like having deaths hands wrap around your neck.
    I will definitely be telling that professor that his extension could very well be the reason I am still standing here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.