not admiting you have an eatin disorder?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by justmeonlyme, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justmeonlyme

justmeonlyme Long Time SFer Staff Alumni

not admiting you have an eatin disorder? *may trigger*

ok so idk how to really word this but i will try my best
    so basicly i have some issues with food basicly i go though fase where i eather binge, binge and perge, eat normaly but purge after, hardly eat anything but when i do purge, hardly eat anything, or eat normaly(eating normaly doesnt last long) these fases can last anything from a day to a month. but like i dont believe i have an eating disorder. my friend said that she thinks i do and that if what im doing isnt classed as an eating disorder then she doesnt no what is but i truely dont believe it is bad enough to be called an eating disorder. idk i was just wondering what you guys think and if you do think that it is an eating disorder then is it normal to not think it is bad enough to be classed as one. coz i honestly dont believe it is that bad!
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2009
  2. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

I think that... purging hurts your body. If you're doing it at all, it's a problem that should be looked into.

I've never physically made myself purge... but I worry myself so much that it just happens. I always feel sick, and it's a mental issue that I know needs to change. My self esteem is at zero, and that is why I purge. I feel ugly. I feel unwanted. I want to hurt myself in the back of my mind... because I hate the way I am.

I still cannot admit out loud that I have a problem... but I know that this is not healthy.
  3. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter whether you can put a title on it. Anorexia, bulimia... they're just names to diagnose people. If what you described is a constant thing, it sounds like some sort of disordered eating to me. If you once in a while purge, that's not good at all, but I personally wouldn't classify it as an eating disorder. However, I'm not a doctor. If you're unsure, go talk to yours. Good luck. :hug:
  4. downunder

downunder Well-Known Member

I think anyone who purges on purpose has disordered eating. I think that is something to worry about.
  5. AEdle

AEdle Well-Known Member

Sorry to say that maybe i am a bit "bitchy" with your friend but NOONE who doesn`t have an ed would binge and purge.Yes are people who have binge tendencies,but some of them DON`T purge,the others purge after a binge or a normal meal.

An eating disorder means that you have anormal eating behaviours and beliefs about eating and not only these things.

Take care...and NEVER NEVER NEVER start a bulimia without that the B/P is a starting...PLEASE try to do something...

Believe`s a hell to live in the bathroom.
  6. Elle.

Elle. Well-Known Member

I agree with what's already mentioned.. if your eating habits involve binging and purging and actions are deliberate and constant..and your obsession controls most of who you are, then yes you have an eating problem.

terms like eating disorder are used by professionals, but I mean they're jst terms. No one should want to classify themselves.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.