Not an eating disorder... I just can't eat

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by pisces-music-girl, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pisces-music-girl

pisces-music-girl Well-Known Member

I really don't know exactly how this started. Early last week and even two weeks ago I would eat something then I'd get full very quickly and leave my plate the way it was. I could not force myself to finish it.

Later on that week it turned into I'd be hungry but I'd have absoultely no appetitie whatsoever. So logically I'd eat barely nothing because I didn't want to eat anything, despite the fact that I was starving.

Then this week it's turned into something more sinister: I thankfully have my appetite back, but I physically can't eat. I'll eat something small, like for instance, a Nutrigrain Bar and a bottle of water (Thursday's breakfast) and I'd feel sick.

My stomach rolls and I just feel green... so logically I don't want to eat because no one likes feeling sick every single time they eat.

I went to the nurse and she looked at me and asked me how things were at home. I told her not good, and she suggested talking to someone. (HA. Like I'd ever talk to anyone at the school, they don't abide by the rules of confidentiality!)

So yeah. My appetite's back but my stomach won't take food.

Does anyone have a clue? And yes, lately, I have been depressed, hypomanic and manic, and suffering panic attacks in the last week.

So does anyone know what's going on? I'm going to try to eat dinner now, so I'll tell you how it goes.
  2. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

any news on dinner?

problem with me is my eyes are bigger than my belly, i eat loads in one go, and then go without for ages. which is also not good, i feel guilty about eating, dont know but my brain seems to disagree with the idea. I am trying to eat regularly though lately. its taking a while for my body to get used to eating proper meals at the proper times but its getting slightly better each day
  3. pisces-music-girl

pisces-music-girl Well-Known Member

Dinner last night was fine, and so was food today. So I really have no idea what's going on and it's scary.

I'm eating fine now (albeit I feel guilty if I eat something at all).

Thanks for responding, and if I start feeling sick after eating again I'll let you know.
  4. Nocturn

Nocturn New Member

I can't seem to eat either...
    Been that way most of my life so as you can imagine I'm quite small (which makes ppl think I'm on drugs).
    When I do get "hungry" I feel sick and eating's the last thing I want to do.
    But not eating just makes my moods worse and I don't feel like eating when I'm feeling bad... so it's a vicious cycle.
    Chocolate milk has been keeping me alive for the last couple of years (I just tell ppl I'm a chocoholic). I've lived on only choc-milk for 6 days once.
    Try eating things you really like (like chocolate)... see how that goes.
  5. missdiana86

missdiana86 Active Member

me too can't eat...for like 4 weeks i eat almost's coz of being too much upset i assume...i can eat an apple or a bit of cereals, but i don't feel ok after..and in general i just DON"T FEEL HUNGER...lost 5 kg already, which is quite a rapid loss of weight...i don't wanna eat even those things i used to be crazy about :blink:
  6. Puddytat

Puddytat Well-Known Member

ive been there, whenever im massively depressed my heart gets too sore and i lose my appetite, i can be weak and even really starving but the thought of food makes my stomach turn. i would maybe manage a cup of coffee or some toast. i used to lose a lot of weight but it was always short lived coz i love food too much and once i start eating regulary again then theres no stopping me. it might have just been one of those phases. sometimes i wish i could get THAT depressed again just so i can stop eating.
  7. lulu rose

lulu rose Guest

I know exactly what you mean!

the viscious cycle thing is a massive problem for me. Even now. I'm hungry, I can feel that my body wants me to eat but.......I just dont want to.

I dont know wether I'm punishing myself or wether its part of being depressed.

I drink tea with milk and sugar, and I've picked at sweets today, but I feel sick. especially when I stand up. when I'm sitting down I just feel hungry but not wanting to eat. When I stand I feel like theres stones in my stomach.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.