not angry, but worried

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by SmilePretty, Dec 22, 2008.

1. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

my ex boyfriend has been using drugs and tried to kill himself...
    he is okay now and went to rehab but i am so worried about him.

even if we arent together anymore i still care about him like i would anyone that i was close to. i dont know how to deal with this because i feel like its not my place to try and talk to him :unsure: i dont know what to do. i prayed, i messaged him on myspace, and now i am just left with worry and a sickening feeling that he wont be okay. :mellow:

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Smilepretty,

If you are his friend and you are care about him a lot then it is your place to try and talk with him. Also, if he did something harmful to himself you may regret not talking to him. Go for it..see how he is,how he is coping, and ask him if there is anything you can do for him. He will know you care and even if he doesn't at least you will have put your mind at rest. Good luck hun, I'm here if you need to talk :hug:

3. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

however hard it is the thing is you cant live his life for him. he has to realise and want to come off the drugs himself. i do know what its like as my boyfriend alcohol dependant and it worries me to death that something will happen to him. just make sure that he knows that you are there and that you care for him which you obviously still do as a friend. sadly its all you can do as i guess youve already told him your feelings about the worries you have about him doing drugs

sorry if that came off a bit too harsh. it wasnt meant to be that way :hug:

4. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

I agree with that post totally and I don't think it sounded harsh.

5. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

he messaged me back
    he is okay.

6. Rockster

Rockster Guest

i am glad he is okay hun :hug:

7. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

:hug: thanks so am i

i am surprised he even messaged me back