Not capable of being happy

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Jward885, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jward885

Jward885 New Member

does anyone else feel like they just can't be happy? I feel like happiness is something I'm not capable of having or maybe something I'm undeserving of. I'm tired of being alone and depressed. I've been contemplating suicide daily and feel close to giving in

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I felt like this 2 days ago,even made a thread about it so I booked flights to go and see my cousins for fun! Got them at low cost too. That is because I am unhappy where I live so I neede a break badly to get away from these vile people in this vile village. Maybe going away somewhere, a change of scenery might help?

Feel free to tell us more about yourself...what would make you happy?

3. Jward885

Jward885 New Member

Some new friends but I am horrible at meeting new people

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Is that due to anxiety, fear of rejection or something else? Are you lonely? The friends you have now are they good to you?
    Suicide is not the answer to this, you can work on it, get support from various different places and I think we're all capable if we try our hardest. I spent 5 years inside my home without leaving it at all and now I can walk out and do normal every day things and I have a small amount of friends. It's hard to build up friendships when you have underlying issues, hopefully we can help you here :hugs:

5. dagget

dagget Member

I am also in a similar position, I find I am rejecting anything that could make me happy as I don't deserve it, it is getting more and more difficult to just have moments of happiness.

6. AAA3330

AAA3330 Well-Known Member

I'm not able to be happy either because of my mental condition. It really sucks when all that you have to look forward to is more pain and suffering. My mind is in a terrible state and I will never be happy with it.

7. Jward885

Jward885 New Member

I don't have really any friends right now. I had my girlfriend but she doesn't want me anymore and now I have literally no one to turn to. Yes I have severe anxiety when it comes to meeting new people I haven't tried to meet anyone for years and years. How can I get over this

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.