not caring?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by catspunge, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. catspunge

catspunge Member

Hi again.

Ive read people on here saying they are suicidal because they don't have anyone who cares about them.

Well I've got friends and family who I know love me, but it just doesn't mean anything to me anymore.

I know it should, and I feel guilty that it doesn't.

Is this normal?

2. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

if you're in a depression it is yes. I've got a wonderful husband and 3 fantastic daughters but when I'm in 'the dip' I don't care. In fact that's how my GP judges how bad I am.
    Have you spoken to a doctor?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2011
  3. catspunge

catspunge Member

Not recently. Been on sertraline before but I've never felt like this before. Just never felt this lost.

Before suicide was always avoided because I cared too much for those around me, but now I don't even have that. Seems the only thing holding me back now is being a coward. Which scares me.

4. bigpmc

bigpmc Member

I know what you mean, I have family, but I always feel so...I dont know, unemotional about them. For example, last year my grandmother died, and I didnt feel anything-I hate myself for it, but I just felt nothing. It works the other way round though in as much as I never feel the highs in life either. I just feel....nothing. If I could give any advice its not to beat yourself up about it. Noone can help how they feel-as for a solution I dont know but I would be very interested to hear if anyone knows of one.

5. catspunge

catspunge Member

Cheers. It's difficul. Especially with relationships... its hard to tell if u still love someone or if its just the depression. All I know is that the feelings I once had just disappear when I'm like this

6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I can tell you it is a deep depression You meds need to be adjusted maybe You should talk to your doctor okay see what else is out there as well sometimes the body get use to one meds and it stops working Tell you doc what you have said here okay and get your meds either adjusted or changed to newer one out there with less side effects hugs

7. ~Young-Violet~

~Young-Violet~ Banned Member

Do you have depression and are you on any medication? I'm sorry to hear about how you are feeling but this can be caused by a number of things as TE suggested if your on meds, change them ! :)
    :hug: and lots of them :hug:

8. catspunge

catspunge Member

I have been on Zoloft/Lustral over periods in the last 5 years for Panic Disorder/Depression but had a setback recently and i'm not currently on any medication. I should go back soon, but as the setback was down to a relationship breakup caused by my ongoing depression i don't know particulaly if meds would help... i mean i can take the meds but it doesn't resolve any of my problems... probably just being a martyr.

I just hate this illness... its dragged me (and my partner) downhill for the last 3 years, so much so that she is now clinically depressed and stated we couldn't get better together, so bam... we break up after 10 years.

She says she doesn't love me at the moment, but that she doesn't love anyone, even herself and that she feels numb to everything... which is exactly how i've felt for 5 years, but i tried to battle through it... maybe i have a stronger will?

I always had stuff to fight for, to keep me going. And now the one thing that meant so much to me, has been ruined by my depression and i feel so utterly defeated.

Nothing i can do about the relationship, i know exactly how she is feeling (which makes it all the more frustrating) and it is just a case of letting her go (as was advised in previous post) and seeing where we are in a few months.
    Still... at the moment i have nothing.

9. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

You still have something to fight for. YOURSELF!!! I know its hard to deal with depression and all the other things that depression adds to our lives, but the good thing is you know that you can feel good, you know you can have a good life, you have been there, just got to get back there.

10. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

YOu need to have therapy with the meds to beat this okay the meds do not deal with the issues it just helps you cope better. Perhaps both of you should get therapy seperately and try the new medication out there. Once you are strong again and she is strong again who knows what the future brings Get therapy okay with the newer meds it works so much better hugs

11. don't give up, be strong and face up the challenge. Challenge yourself and get your depression treated. Remember this: NO pain will lasts as long as it will.. & even when everything is going wrong, it is possible to be strong..

12. catspunge

catspunge Member

Thank you all.. I really do find this website helpful as well. Just venting and getting things off my chest helps alot and stops me thinking about the worst for at least a little while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.