Not coping

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Just_visiting, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just_visiting

Just_visiting Well-Known Member

I dont know why i am writing this, i dont really expect many replies because i cant see anything anyone will say will help (no offence to anyone here, i just dont know that anything would help at the moment)

I'm really not coping with my past at the moment. Its all filling my head so much and nothing i can do will get it away. I feel so desperately like i need to talk to someone about everythin that happened but there isnt anyone. I have told 2 people in the past and both have hurt me really badly. I'm on the waiting list for a therapist but i dont no how long thats gonna b.

I just cant keep going like this wen all my thoughts revolve around this. There is no way of getting my mind onto something else, i cant distract myself or change my thoughts onto something else. It hurts so much.

I know its al in the past now and it shud left there but i dont no how wen it is following me around like a ghost. I know talking to a therapist is probably the ultimate solution but right now i need something to keep me going until then. Something that will just stop the thoughts for a little bit to give me a break

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

Yes, I probably won't help or make any sort of difference at all, but I can try.

Have you tried writing (letters, poems, songs), painting, drawing, anything like that to get it out of your head so it is not just sitting there?

Have you tried support lines to talk to people until you have a therapist? Or a support groups? Or talking to friends and/or family?

If you are in the UK there are places like MIND or saneline that can help you find something in your area that will help until you get a therapist.

It's natural that it will keep affecting you until you cna find a way to live without it hurting you (probably with the aid of a therapist), so please don't feel bad about that.

There are ways to release things temporarily. It's excellent you are waiting for a therapist, you are doing all the right things.

Hang in there
  3. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I totally agree. I write in my journal, write poetry, listen to music, rant on the forum here, talk to a friend... And therapy has helped me but until you find the right therapist it can be complicated..

I' always here if you want to talk, I've been through a lot too. Please try and take care... We are here anytime you need us. And you are more than welcome to add me to MSN or Yahoo, my ID's are in my profile. :hug:

I'm always here if you want to talk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.