Not Depressed Just Bored with lifes problems

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by __CHRIS__, Nov 29, 2009.

1. __CHRIS__

__CHRIS__ New Member

I dont feel sad or depressed i just feel like i have lost all motivation in life.

It just seems to be 1 problem after another for evry good moment their are 5

bad moments. And i just feel like whats the point, i really am struggiling to see

what is keeping me here allthough im not depressed " i dnt think " i am not

happy either. I have felt like this for a few years now but have allways allways

kept it bottled up. So this is the first time i have ever shared my feelings with

any 1. Are these common feelings to have? Am i normal? I am feeling really

confused now and going through 1 of the rougher patches i just dnt no what

to do.

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

First thing you've already done it. Glad you posted about what is bothering you. Depression isnt always the "cant get out of bed, cant take another breath, dont want to see tomorrow" scenario that so many think it is. Depression can start as easily as what you describe. Losing interest in things that used to be important. Not wanting to be bothered with other things. Having no motivation to want to try any more.

Have you been to your doctor about this? It could also be something as simple as needing a change in your diet, a larger intake of certain vitamins or minerals. Maybe just a break from the everyday rut you are falling into. A weekend get away from it all. A chance to take a breather and put things into perspective. Or it could be the start to depression. I would strongly suggest that you make an appointment to see your doctor. Tell him/her exactly what you have posted here. They maybe able to refer you to a counsellor or therapist or pdoc. There are meds that can be prescribed if it is depression setting in.

And keep posting here. Bottling things up will only grow into more trouble than you want. Depression or not. You cant hold on to the bad and negative stuff without it having some sort of an effect on you. There are tons of members here that can relate to what you are saying. Keep posting and see if someone cant help you find a way out of this. Welcome to SF!!