Not doing too well at all

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by SAVE_ME, Nov 16, 2009.

1. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Hi all...just figured I could use a bit of support right now. I'm not doing too well at all. I haven't been to my Uni lectures in 6 and a half weeks and I'm drastically behind. I sent out a few e-mails today to my module co-ordinators to see if I can meet them and catch up (some of them I haven't even been to so far this semester). I'm just really afraid that they're gonna turn round and say "Well it's not our problem"....you have no idea how much I just want to die right now.

2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Hey Sean, what is it that caused you to get so far behind?

When this happened to me many years ago I was able to got to all the professors and ask what was necessary to get caught up. Most were very open to it. I don't know what a "module coordinator" is so maybe our situations were quite different. Anyway, it can't hurt to try talking with them.

I hope it works out for you.

3. sammakko

sammakko Banned Member

Same thing here. Do not wait too much from your proffessors. When I asked which is meaning of my bachelor- work he said 'I can not tell you because idea of studyings is you know all by yourself' :laugh:

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Keep trying to catch up...apathy is really such a difficult feeling to overcome, but all it takes is action...glad you are feeling up to contacting your profs...keep moving and let us know how you are doing...J

5. suzie_m

suzie_m Member

From my experience, universities are very sensitive and understanding towards student issues. You may be able to talk to a uni counselor about you issues, they can get in contact with you department so arrangements can be made for you to manage you missed coursework in some way.
    Don't feel that you are alone in dealing with this, go see what support services your uni can offer you to get through this. :IrishDoll:

6. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

Na, it's the same thing really...just that we have different professors for different modules/subjects, hence we call them module co-ordinators.

I did manage to get myself back into classes today which is good. Felt a little better for it. Just in time too cause we're about to be split into groups for the 2nd piece of coursework.

I also e-mailed the module co-ordinators...I'm just a little afraid that they'll "bite my head off" for missing 6 weeks of lectures. I expressed my desire to catch up on what I've missed so far, so whether or not they're sympathetic towards my situation remains to be seen.

7. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Good to hear your giving it your all right now Sean...it should work out for you. You can PM me anytime for any reason...please take care.

Mike