Not doing well

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Mordeci, Dec 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

Everything seems to be falling apart, I have not been doing well lately. Therapy has hit a dead end, I can't get motivated to do anything, and it's a stugle just to get out of bed in the morning, I don't see the point to life anymore.
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Really sorry things are so tough. :hug: Why has therapy hit a dead end?
  3. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Andrew sorry to hear that you're struggling so much. Is there a possibility of trying a new therapist? Sometimes seeing the same person just seems to end in a rut that you dont want to try and work out of. Talking about the same things, getting pretty much the same answers. But a new person can sometimes bring a bit of new twist. And you always have us here. No matter how big or small your problems are they are important to you and to us. So please post and let others help you til you get the therapy thing changed up a bit. :arms:
  4. Mordeci

Mordeci Banned Member

it's not that it hit a dead end per-se it just that there is nothing left to talk about, its as if I am just strugling to keep the conversattion going.
  5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I got so burned out from everything that I went where you seem to be....hope you feel better...big hugs, J
  6. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Therapy can get hard at times but that is up to your therapist to keep things moving forward. Talk with therapist about how you are feeling this dead end maybe therapist can change things up a bit Sometimes a new therapist uses a different approach and sees things differently sometimes it helps to change when you feel nothing is.
  7. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

8. Sparky55313

Sparky55313 Well-Known Member

I've been doing therapy for a good tens years. I switch about every year to get a different view point. I have switched some who I felt wasn't a help to me. With all this experience I have learned to skip past what normally took me six months of therapy to get to. I also hand deliver my files personally to a new therapist and quiz them to make sure they read the file. Sounds pretty extreme but at least I feel I am in charge of my therapy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.