not eating

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Kairo, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kairo

Kairo Well-Known Member

The treatment I’m on makes eating hard and unpleasant. Most days I have to try very hard to eat and swallow and to find things that don’t taste bland or disgusting. But I haven’t even tried the 3 past few days, I've eaten next to nothing. I feel uncomfortable, my stomach and head hurts and I feel weaker than usual, but I’m not really hungry, and I don’t have a desire to eat.
    I know this is stupid and will probably result in me going on feeding tubes. But I somehow want to see how long I can last. Maybe this is perfect.
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

That sounds harsh. I'm sorry you're feeling so badly.

Can you drink liquids? If liquids are okay, maybe you could have juices, shakes, smoothies made with fruit. (I like popsicles when regular food doesn't appeal because popsicles are tangy, cold, and thirst-quenching.)

I gather feeding tubes are pretty icky, requiring minor surgery to be installed and then the whole procedure and time it takes to provide the nutrients through the tube and cleaning after. Eating is much better if the person can manage it.

I do hope you feel better and that things pick up. :hug:
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi please go out and by some ensure or meal replacement drinks ok they come in all flavors and they will keep you healthy until you can eat again hugs toyou
  4. Kairo

Kairo Well-Known Member

I have a lot of those kinds of shakes, instant nutritional supplement drink mixes, soups, and protein packs to put in them. I had one yesterday but I feel overwhelmed and resistant to force myself. I just don’t have the desire to try anymore, I don’t want to do it. Every time I think of getting up to get something I put it off or think what’s the point? I feel so apathetic to it now.
  5. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am sorry the treatments have left you feeling so poorly. While I admit I am not a fan of the protein and supplement shakes , I find it not too difficult to chug a 6 oz one and when I started those a few days ago I think my mood improved a little - likely as a result of more stable blood sugar. Though there is no real interest in eating for you and I can completely understand that, not feeling as miserable likely would be of interest so forcing a shake that you do not really want a couple times a day for a few days may give a pay off in over all feeling less awful.

Take Care

6. mark b

mark b Well-Known Member

Ive never gad a great appetite but do appreciate we must eat, so i do.

Sorry its dufficult for you, but please do all you can so as to avoid any methods the doctors may suggest, other than conventional ways.

Soups or breakfast cereals or just mushy ordinary foods are a good way maybe.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.