Not eating

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Forgotten_Man, Apr 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Recently I have been really depressed. As a result I have not felt like eating. I have been trying to force myself to eat. But these days nothing seems worth eating.

Right now I am sitting here with a rumbling stomach because I have not eaten for almost 12 hours because I cannot force food down my throat.

Any advice on how I can over come this? I am drinking water, but my body is just not buying it any more.
  2. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

I've felt that way all day too. The key is to start slowly. Drink some juice, and maybe try some foods that are easy on you. Saltine crackers, maybe? And if you feel up to it, possibly try something more later...a pb+j sandwich, or some cereal.
  3. Forgotten_Man

@not_an_angel: Ah... well.. that is another problem I have.. I don't have any food in my apartment... I have been too lazy and depressed to go out and buy food. But I will try to do something like that.
  4. Tomas

Tomas Well-Known Member

I've had the same problem for the last week or so. It helps to force yourself to have a snack every now and then, ideally something light like cold meat and salad. Even just a mouthful of something would be beneficial.
  5. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

If it's any incentive, a poor diet can exacerbate depressive symptoms. A vicious cycle.
  6. Forgotten_Man

Any advice on how I can over come this?
  7. PokerDonkey

PokerDonkey Active Member

Excercise, it burns depression and makes you hungry at the same time. It's summer go swimming outdoors in the sun and you'll feel better.
  8. Forgotten_Man

Ha ha... I would not feel too much better from my sun burn.
  9. denistar

denistar Active Member

I only eat once or twice a day. It's not helping me in any way but I have no appetite. I just have cravings and when they don't get satisfied immediately, they go away. And I'm back to an empty stomach.

Eating is hard when you're too down to care about anything. ='c
  10. Forgotten_Man

@denistar: Yeah, I know that feeling. You just sort of lie around until the craving goes away.
  11. kitanai

kitanai Well-Known Member

im used to being unhealthy i live on soda,cigs&herb all part of my depression every week im fasting skiping perfectly good and free meals on a basis been at it so long some foods taste so bad to me and not because there spoiled or anything its like if im not starving food just tastes like crap
  12. Forgotten_Man

@kitanai: Yeah I noticed that as well. After a long period of not eating I had a hard time keeping food down. I was able to force it down but it still hurt.
  13. denistar

denistar Active Member

It's been like this for me lately.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.