not enough energy for everything I need to do

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by qteallex, Feb 25, 2015.

1. qteallex

qteallex Active Member

there are a couple things burning a hole in my brain at the moment but one big one is college work, I can't seem to do it. I managed to do SOME but not all so I'm still behind and it's due tomorrow and my bio teacher will b disappointed with me. I got told off twice in psych class today once for talking and second for putting my hoodie away in my bag while she was talking. I just go to college and feel like a piece of shit because I'm not doing what I should be.

I keep thinking maybe I can just tell her I am behind because I'm struggling but then I have no excuse for why I haven't tried to make myself better and she might b like "you just need to work through it" or "you had the half term to rest and de-stress" and I don't know if I can trust her not to a) not understand at all or b) try to help in a way I don't want and am not ready for. plus tbh even if she is understanding she might treat me with pity instead of understanding or tell my other teachers and they'll likely trash talk me and say how disruptive I am in their lessons.

gosh it's just like it's all a physical weight on me and I can barely get out of bed for college and stay there for lessons and by the time I get home I'm so exhausted all I can do is lounge around and not tax my brain too hard because it's been firing hard on all cylinders all day and I can't take any more, simple things like brushing my teeth or showering or eating get neglected because it's too much work to do it and it's never been this bad before so I'm in over my head as far as neglecting it goes.

it's comforting to know other people suffer this way too but that won't make tomorrow any easier. if it goes bad I'll probably be back here ranting again tomorrow night so at least I have that going for me, someplace to let off steam. I used to do it on tumblr but tumblr seems very empty and it makes me lonely not seeing other people's posts. anyways best wishes for everyone else tomorrow, even if it goes bad I won't be doing anything reckless b/c I can just come here <3
  2. SynapseR

SynapseR Member

Hi, I am a college student myself and I understand what you are going through.

College is always tiring no matter your state of mind. However, when we are in a low mood it gets quite simply exhausting.

I have been changing my routine in order to deal with stress more effectively:

- I have been routinely exercising in the morning. It bumps my energy level and helps me to focus for the rest of the day. When I exercise, I also manage to sleep better. It only has benefits really and a simple 30 minute running session can go a long way.

- I try not to isolate too much. Most of the time, when I'm anxious or depressed, I tend to isolate myself. I try to disrupt that.

- I try to be as honest as possible with my teachers when I am falling behind. I have found out that people are much more compreensive than you expect them to be.
  3. qteallex

qteallex Active Member

thanks for your response - yeah I think everyone, whatever their state of mind, is at least a little worn down by college.

I do exercise in the form of walking the dog but mayb I'll look up some simple indoor exercise I can do, just like in my boxers in the morning or whatever. I'm worried they'll think I'm just making excuses but since it IS college they shouldn't treat me too much like a lazy teen - I actually got away with having not done the work for today but I might be bringing it up with my tutor tomorrow, since it's their job to help us out

thanks, congrats on the positive changes you've made and good luck on your courses <3