Not enough sleep may trigger thoughts? or something else?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by brknsilence, Sep 23, 2016.

1. brknsilence

brknsilence Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's lack of sleep that maybe triggering these thoughts or something else. Just started having thoughts and urges again. So tired emotionally and physically. Plus, haven't been in the best of moods this morning. Didn't sleep good last night. Haven't been sleeping well for awhile anyways. Just want to sleep for a long time.
  2. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

I know how it feels not to sleep properly (ugg!).

I often wonder if the word sleep is in my dictionary even

are you on meds for it?. (the sleep I mean)

hugs!. keep reaching out!
  3. brknsilence

There isn't much the doctors can do to help me with sleep since I'm pregnant. Had this problem with sleep since I was a teenager. I will be 37 on the 6th of October. I know why the lack of sleep started from the beginning. Just trying my best to do what I can to help myself sleep better at night but not much is working. So exhausted all the time.
  4. Survivor987

Survivor987 Member

Congratulations on your pregnancy. That's wonderful news. The growing baby is going to make you even more tired.
    Lack of sleep is debilitating.
    Have you tried yoga? I always sleep better after that and it is pregnancy safe form of exercise. Swimming too.
    As you state you know why you can't sleep,I assume it is something trauma related and that you have sought help to address this?
  5. brknsilence

I got to try something for relief and relax of some sort.

I talked to a therapist about what had happened. Not much helped with that.

Feel like crying right now. Been feeling so irritable. Just want sleep so bad.
  6. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

Hi @brknsilence ,

Lack of sleep affects more than we think, just my opinion though. When I don't sleep enough, my anxiety is worse and I have trouble swallowing my food. Ever since my bf started to take sleeping pills about a month ago, he's gotten about 8-10 hours a night and he's no longer moody and emotionally abusive, he's now a caring, responsible person. I guess there isn't too much that can help you while you're pregnant, though I don't really know about that...can you take natural remedies, like maybe passionflower? That really helps with my anxiety as long as I take it regularly. Meditation helps me to relax too. I hope you can find something to help you! xx
  7. Dikta

Dikta Autistic.

I'm sure it's a mix of things.
    Maybe something you didn't think would "matter" triggered it. Like someone making you angry in a store etc.
    But sleep probably has something to do with it too.
  8. brknsilence

Just emotionally been off. Thanks for being there everyone