not enough sleep..

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by cren, Jun 30, 2016.

1. cren

cren Well-Known Member

hey.. i know sleep is important.. but for months now.. i spend less and less time to sleep.. i usually stay up at night waiting for my friends to be online.. and be able to chat with them.. the same goes every morning.. i wake really early to chat with them.. normally i get about 4 to 5 hours of sleep.. i have a very tiring job during weekdays.. and during saturdays i have classes the entire day.. i'm actually just waiting for my body to just give up on me..

i'm wondering though what might be the effects of not enough sleep..

2. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

I don't know the exact details. But yes, it will wreak havoc on your health. It most likely effects you in many more negative ways than you'd be aware of. I'd try to manage your communication habits online with your friends. Minimize it somewhat so that you can get enough sleep to function properly. Otherwise, you're really making things much harder than they need to be for yourself. I guarantee you that even if nothing else substantial or concrete changes in your life, simply getting more rest will have an incredible impact. Good luck & just tuck the phone or whatever away when you turn out the light... It's not fun, but neither is suffering from exhaustion.

3. cren

cren Well-Known Member

the problem with having friends from other countries.. is that you need to deal with time differences.. and it's awful.. the thing is.. i always feel better when i'm chatting with my friends.. i don't usually have anyone to talk to at work.. i mean.. someone that's really close to me.. that i can talk to when i feel bad.. or something.. i know it's bad for my health that i don't have enough sleep.. one of my friends actually told me to sleep more.. but i simply refuse to do it.. i'm stubborn.. i don't even know why i thought of asking this here.. i obviously don't want to change my sleeping habits.. i'll still sleep as little as possible.. besides.. i don't really like mornings at all.. if it's possible i'll stay all night if it means morning will not come sooner.. when i sleep it seems like it's only a few minutes then i wake up in the morning.. which i totally dread..

4. MisterBGone

Can you take a nap at some point--any point--during the day? That might help.:)

5. cren

cren Well-Known Member

i'm at work most of the day.. and i can't take a nap at work.. my friends may not be online as often as before... but i still stay up in the hopes that they will be online that day.. probably makes me really pathetic.. but that's just how it is.. i wait for them every single day..

6. MisterBGone

It's okay to have and make friends like this. Just do your best to keep it under control. Otherwise, if you get too wrapped up in the relationships, they can become unhealthy. And if it's getting to the point where you're losing sleep over the matter, that sounds slightly hurtful to me. Anyway, don't beat yourself up or pass judgement over why you think they may be pushing you away or anything along those lines. These things, they can be fragile, and difficult to gauge and maintain (or manage) in a realistic fashion sometimes.

7. cren

cren Well-Known Member

probably i was just putting too much of me on it.. i was just so needy at that time.. that any attention that i can get.. i totally relish.. they are good friends.. and nothing can change that.. i still do care a lot about them..

8. MisterBGone

Ok, that's good then! I hope that you still can find some time to catch a few more ZZZ's..;) that would do such wonders! Maybe there's something in your schedule that can be tweaked (job, etc.) such that you can accomplish this more effortlessly??

9. cren

cren Well-Known Member

i wish my body just suddenly give in so i don't need to continue living this life.. i've stopped caring about my health.. it doesn't matter anyway..