Not enough

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Bigman2232, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

Not smart enough, not rich enough, not good looking enough, Not romantic enough, not tough enough, not confident enough, Just not enough is all I ever feel.

It doesn't matter what I do, it's never enough. I'm not smart enough for University (well the smartness they want) but I'm not dumb enough to be left alone and not be pressured to do better. And it's the same for everything else.

Fucking fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
  2. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Hey there,

I'm sorry that you feel as if nothing's ever enough.. :sad: I wonder though, how come you feel that way? Society has some ridiculous measurements these days as to what's 'enough' of something. Do you feel like you don't live up to that, or does it really feel as if it's not enough according to your own measurements?

Try not to think of what society wants from you, but what YOU want from you. Once you feel satisfied with things, once you feel it is enough for you, people around you, the ones that matter, will come around and change their views of 'enough'. You see when they notice that you think you've reached the point of enough with things, they will see that your 'enough' is enough for you, and they'll settle for that.
    Okay that really did sound more logical in my head :unsure: I hope you get what I'm trying to say...

3. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

hi Bigman

Nothing is ever enough, I know what you mean.
  4. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

I have to agree with Ishy on this one...I know what it's like to feel as though nothing is enough...and you're right, society does have pretty ridiculous views on what is or isn't enough these days...sickens me tbh...but like Ishy said, it's not about what other people want, it's about what YOU want...what matters is how we perceive ourselves...once we are comfortable in our own skin, others will respect that and learn to just accept us for who we are...nobody is perfect after all...and if they don't accept you, well then, they're not the kinds of people you should be talking to...their loss, I'm sure you're a great guy, and I bet others here will agree too.
  5. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I'm sure most members here would agree with what you are saying, nothing ever seems to equal enough. But unfortuantely for most of us here, we tend to set such high standards for ourselves but allow minimal ones for everyone else. You have to stop being so hard on yourself. Set goals that are more within your reach. And above all else, love yourself. Try to take life a minute at a time instead of a day or week at a time. And acknowledge any achievement you make in that day, no matter how big or small. Give yourself a much needed break!!!n "Enough" is in the mind of the beholder!!
  6. lifeisashedog

lifeisashedog Well-Known Member

A nice song for you:

Youtube Keywords: Angel Sarah McLachlan