Not even a week, already over them

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by xoCherie, May 27, 2012.

1. xoCherie

xoCherie Well-Known Member

I'm talking about the sertraline I've been prescribed btw.

But yeah, literally what the title says. The last three nights I've woken up at 3am and stayed up until 6am trying not to vomit. Saturday I was having extreme suicidal thoughts and emotions, and ended up self harming to try and lessen them (refer to "I'm done" in the crisis forum) and since starting them I'm constantly tired. I haven't eaten today besides a bowl of cereal, my appetite is there its just like I'm cut off from it...ignoring it kind of. I can't get to sleep until 11pm or later.
    I don't like this :/ if I wake up almost vomiting again I'm asking the doctor to prescribe me some anti-nausea cause I have a fear of vomiting.

It's so scary though...my thoughts Saturday were so real I had to stop myself from grabbing the box of sertraline and overdosing :/ I sat in the shower for an hour trying to just shut my mind off, which wasn't successful. I only got through the night from sheer will power and forcing myself to stay awake until I collapsed from exhaustion before I could do anything serious.

Who else on sertraline had these similar side effects and how long did they last?

2. Dying_Imp

Dying_Imp Active Member

Hi Cherie,
    I seem to be chasing you around the board, I'm not stalking you - honest!
    When you wake up nearly vomiting do you find that you are coughing a lot? Just wondered because it sounds a bit like a reflux problem (although if you've never had it before I guess it must be related to the sertraline). What time of day do you take your meds?
    Well done on fighting through and not taking all the pills the other night, that took some strength.
    Keep talking here and I hope you get to see your Dr soon and get some relief.
    Imp.

3. xoCherie

Haha Imp, maybe you should just stick "stalker of Cherie" on your signature xD
    No it's more of a "sit up NOW or you'll up chuck" kind of feeling...literally jolted awake and into a sitting position...it's scary because I'm not aware I'm sitting up for like ten seconds...uhm, before I go to bed generally since they help me sleep (when I manage to get to sleep that is), I just don't stay asleep...
    I'm seeing him tomorrow but I don't know if I can deal with going to course in the morning. I'm finding it hard to get out of bed, and with all this extra shit going on lately relating to course I reeeeeeeeally don't want to go

4. Dying_Imp

Dying_Imp Active Member

Hi Cherie.
    How did you get on at the Drs?
    What course are you doing?
    Imp.

5. xoCherie

It went alright. I told him about the nausea and the lack of an appetite (though further analyzing it, I've realized it's more of my brain ignoring that I'm hungry) which he told me to have my pill with food in the morning (I was having it an hour before I went to bed, so he thinks it was keeping me up) and I said I don't eat in the morning because on this it makes me feel sick, and he said I have to make myself eat. I don't like to though cause then it triggers my nausea :/ told him about Saturday night and he gave me a smack on the wrist for the self harm. He ended with making me promise not to kill myself. Tried making me promise not to self harm but I just said straight up I can't promise that.

Diploma in management

6. Dying_Imp

Dying_Imp Active Member

Hi Cherie.
    I'm glad the Dr was helpful and that you managed to work out why you aren't eating - do you think that now you are aware of it you will be able to change it?
    I was going to suggest taking them in the morning as that is when I take mine. I wouldn't worry too much about having to have them with food, I never do, like you I don't 'do' breakfast!
    How far through your course are you? What do you hope to do with it when you are finished?
    Imp.

7. xoCherie

Update:
    I went to the doctors not an hour ago because I had intense nausea lasting until midnight last night and woke up with stomach cramps at 4am that are still lasting. Told him about them, and how my mood hasn't changed one iota, and also about my weight loss - I've lost at least a kilo in these two weeks. Got taken off the sertraline and had to do a blood test for the weight loss, and got told to go to hospital if the cramps get worse. On a scale of 1-10 they're at a 6-7 currently just sitting down on the train. I want to sleep. I'm so so tired. But I won't be able to, they're so intense...the only comparative pain I can even put it close to is period pain.

Imp @ it's a six month fast tracked course and there's two to three months left :) uhm...well my ten year goal is to be running my own horse riding stable...so put it towards that I guess. I don't really want to be in a management position until then, honestly.

8. Dying_Imp

Dying_Imp Active Member

Hi Cherie,
    How are you feeling now? Did the Dr put you on anything instead of the sertraline? Did he/she think the stomach cramps were caused by the sertraline? You've had a really rough couple of weeks, well done on keeping going.
    Wow, owning a riding stables, that would be great. Do you have any horses at the moment? I have one (I did have two but my 'baby' died in January which was horrible :crushed:)
    Hope you are feeling better soon.
    Imp.

9. xoCherie

I'm so tired. I ended up going to hospital at 6.30pm and wasn't discharged until midnight. Was in the waiting room for five hours. I had blood and urine tests done but nothing came back. Currently I'm lying on my stomach with my electric blanket on and I've managed to eat some chocolate. I'd try more but when I ate yesterday it made them worse. I got told to get an ultrasound done in the next few days, and I'm seeing my doctor again Monday, and if they persist over the weekend I'm definitely mentioning it.
    He didn't have anything really to say about the cramps, just to go to hospital if they persisted or got worse. I'm not on anything now, but have the weekly review on Monday to see how my mood is.
    No I don't own any, but I wish I did. I own two mice that are my little girls :) I want to play with them but I can't get up right now I don't think