not feeling good... so why are you even saying i am?

Status
Not open for further replies.

emily83

really annoys me!

got an email today from a good friend saying... hey, i've not emailed lately.. i've not really been in in much of a mood to talk- i'm glad you're doing good though.

bearing in mind that my previous email to her was just to say that i'd spoken to my friend laura online, and i'd get to see her a lot this week because she's not doing any of her afterschool clubs.

so it's just really annoying me... it annoys me when anyone does it!. you tell them 1 good thing about what ever.. in my case seeing laura, then you get the reply.... oh- i'm glad you're doing good!. not, how are you feeling in yourself, what have you been up to.. so in her case it was probably more, oh.. i am glad laura's doing good- stuff you, but that's the way it is

sorry... it just frustrates me when someone can seem to judge how you feel just by 1 comment

WildCherry

Owner Emeritus
Are you able to mail her back and explain how you feel to her... that yeah, you got to see a friend and that's good, but overall, you're not doing well? Or something along those lines anyway.

It's easy to overcomplicate things. Simply put, if people are given information, and reply - they often reply to what they've been told - It's not completely a full on judgement, but that's your own reaction to it.

Ok, so the friend in question didn't ask outright "How are you?" - but when you give them something they read as being good, they've only got that to go on at that point in time, and to me they've put a presumption of you doing good not feeling good - I read them as two different things.

Might seem to be a touch unfair, but being judgmental is rife within society as much as many on here despise it. And i'm quietly sure that even those who claim full impartiality - are biased in their own way, negating the full extent of neutrality.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
It's annoying when people do that, oh here's a good one...sometimes I don't hear from people in months, and they just say they were too lazy to write back. Makes you feel bad, especially when you really need the support. Or when people talk about how well they're doing but don't care about how you are doing. Try talking to her about how that made you feel, maybe she doesn't realize she's hurting your feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00