Not Good At Expressing Myself

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Matthew Barber, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Matthew Barber

Matthew Barber Well-Known Member

That's pretty much it, just being an ass online and vomiting my thoughts in places.

Useful?

No.

Meaningful?

No.

Just a guy feeling poop and putting it on the internet?

Yeah, pretty much.

Thauoy likes this.
  2. Thauoy

Thauoy Well-Known Member

I am also not good in expressing myself. Because of this , people always misunderstood me. But don't worry, here in SF you will find a lot of like minded sympathetic people. Don't worry about being not good in expressing yourself. Please feel free to share your problems and feelings. Best wishes.

3. Matthew Barber

I mean, apparently I make good pixel art, but that's literally it. My hands shake to much for me to be able to draw anything elegant.

Thauoy likes this.
  4. Matthew Barber

too* lel, grammar for days.

5. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Sorry to hear you feel that you do not express yourself well. What are your criteria for "useful" and "meaningful" expression? Does it have to be useful and meaningful to "others" or is it enough for you to vent and get things out?

Matthew Barber, perhaps you're being too hard on yourself. Just a thought. If it has meaning for you, it's at the very least an expression of yourself.

My own example:
    I write a little. It's not wonderful literature that expresses great ideas...except that it's good for ME to try.
    World-class literature? No.
    Useful and meaningful to others? Probably not.
    Expressive of MY OWN feelings/observations about something? Absolutely - even if others don't get it, I get it.
    Helpful at calming MY heart and mind? Yes.

Feel better soon! :)