1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not good at making a living.

Discussion in 'Work and Financial Problems' started by Alwayswrong, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Alwayswrong

Alwayswrong Well-Known Member

There's a saying from the 'Martin Fierro' that states: "Even the thinniest stick makes its shadow on earth." My mother used to add: "You're not even a stick." She was right...

2. nobodyknows71

nobodyknows71 Forum Pro SF Supporter

No she wasn’t. You’re here and you matter.

Jude and Alwayswrong like this.
  3. Cagla

Cagla Well-Known Member

If a persons value is all about the wealth he has..then I don't want to be a part of the community at all.. A person has values because he has potentials. He has things to create. Think about a spider and a man that builds a house. Marx says this man has more values than spider. Because spider cannot change its way. But builder man, in his minds, has lots of potentials that can change the house, can make it greater or can spoil it. That makes him bigger. But it doesn't matter if he does anything now. He has potentials. He has future. So do you. Mothers go cruel all lot when it comes to their children's lives. She just DOESNT KNOW WHAT SHE SAYS. Yes she is just ignorant. About life.
    You value more than people think. Because of the potential....

Alwayswrong likes this.
  4. Alwayswrong

Alwayswrong Well-Known Member

Thank you so much, @nobodyknows71 and @Cagla!!! Wow! This is my Cagla!: assertive. I'll keep in mind what you taught me about Marx. You both lifted me up again.

Cagla likes this.
  5. Cagla

Cagla Well-Known Member

I am happy that we lifted you up :) go on like that please you have a potential you are a human being ;)

Alwayswrong likes this.
  6. nobodyknows71

nobodyknows71 Forum Pro SF Supporter

I’m glad to help. If you ever need to chat I’m around

Alwayswrong likes this.
  7. Aprilflowers7

Aprilflowers7 Well-Known Member

I don't think wealth has anything to do with money. It's what's on the inside that counts. I can find a lot of good things at thrift stores and the only thing I buy now are books and movies. There's not much else to buy. Sometimes I will send in ideas for inventions or ideas for stories and I give them away and tell other people to keep them. I don't really care about the money I just want the respect from people who are around me. I mean my surgeries cost more money than I will ever make, or how much anyone else will make that I know in real life, so why would I care about it? I mean you can pretty much get anything for cheap nowadays since we have amazon and stuff like that. I bought a computer on there once.

Alwayswrong likes this.
  8. Walker

Walker Everything Zen Staff Member Safety & Support SF Social Media SF Supporter

You're not a stick! You're a person! You're valuable and loved and cared for and present. Don't let dumb crap like THAT stick in your brain. Listen to us instead :) We're smart.

Alwayswrong likes this.