Not good enough for anyone

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Ferret, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Ferret

Ferret Well-Known Member

I hate getting rejected but it's happened so many times now I feel like no one likes me or cares about my interests/hobbies. I don't fit very well in this society. I feel just as lonely as someone near the end of their old age wondering why they could never find a soulmate. I've had it with all this relationship shit. It disgusts me to see so many muscled guys at the gym hanging around with all these beautiful women. I'll be dead soon so none of this will matter.

Women just want jocks.

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I've been rejected a lot too, and it sucks every time. It can be hard to tell someone how you feel when you fear you'll be shot down. I'm sure you will find someone who is interested in who you are. First you have to get rid of the false perception that you are not good enough for anyone. If you start to feel better about yourself, then you will attract people with your confidence. All women don't want jocks, I've always been into shy and nice guys because that's pretty much how I am. Don't go for someone who is the most beautiful, go for someone you have things in common with and can get along well with. I don't think you should give up on looking for a relationship just yet. You never know what can happen if you change your outlook.

3. gloomy

gloomy Account Closed

Here's something that I found recently:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybristophilia

and check this out:

http://Meet-An-Inmate.com/

Chances are if you commit some kind of really horrible crime, you'll be able to find love much easier than someone like you or I. There doesn't seem to be a paraphilia where people are attracted to insecure guys with low self-esteem.

So odds are, Ted Bundy had more female admirers than you or I will ever have.

How depressing is that?

4. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

I totally 2nd that reply...... and the values 'society' is based upon are actually inauthentic, so the fact you feel you don't fit it - don't let that worry you too much........ (I would hate 'society' to be my goal in life!) Be yourself, and discover the jewel that you are as a unique individual. OK - I still have to tell myself that at times, but it's getting easier :smile:

5. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

That's an indication of how screwed up 'society' is - how inauthentic its values are. There has to be something more worth living for than trying to fit in with society. Places of loss, loneliness and low self-esteem are actually very good places to start looking .......

6. Ferret

Ferret Well-Known Member

I don't know what to do anymore. Nothing I guess. My chances are very slim with everyone, just because of this screwed up society. I always think of myself being alone for a long, long time. I'm almost 28. I shouldn't be feeling this lonely.

7. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I don't think you'll always be alone. I'm 27 and I haven't found anyone yet, but that doesn't mean it will never happen. It sucks to be lonely, but you have my support because I feel the same way.