Not happy about a damn thing.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Pain&Sorrow, Jun 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pain&Sorrow

Pain&Sorrow Well-Known Member

Today has been a very shitty day. It seems I can't even get the proper help I am seeking here, on SF. And if this post is deleted, or if I'm asked to leave, then I'm just going to go kill myself seeing as how my last resort has failed me.

Today I am very frustrated over the fact that very few Christians are actually following the Bible. They take one verse here, one chapter there, and devise their entire religious belief system off that tiny section of truth. They then take their small knowledge and go out and do things like advocate for a bill to be passed in Uganda that deems homosexuality a crime punishable by death.

wait, what? Christians who are for killing? Why? It's like you are pro-life in the face of abortion, but once someone has committed a sin, you put them to death? How fucking stupid are you?

Yeah, homosexuality is wrong, but that doesn't mean you should KILL THEM. It means you should love them, show them they are not doing the right thing and bring them back to purity.

And no, for your information, we homosexuals are not out to convert your children, or to ruin your marriage. We are not the Devil's spawn, nor do we actively follow Satan.

I've lost almost all of my faith in the church. I still follow the Bible and its teachings, but I do not enjoy the company of fellow Christians when they are out to judge me, persecute me and sentence me to death.

And no, homosexuality is not a choice for most. Yes, there are some people out there who choose to be gay, but the thing is they started out straight. I've never in my life been straight, not once. I first became aware of my homosexuality when I was eleven. did my teacher influence me? no. Was I adopted by two gay adults? no. Was I raped or abused in any way? no. Did I choose to be this way? fuck no.

So, go take your religious world views and shove them up your ass, bleed to death, and SHUT THE FUCK UP.

2. someone uk

someone uk Well-Known Member

i am sorry to hear that, i am sure this post will not be deleted

i was brought up a Christian however i am an atheist now, i am sorry to tell you this but the bible is a hard book to follow, there are contradictions in the teachings however i do think it's awful and terribly intolerant what is happening in Uganda

i don't want to preach atheism but if you do choose to abandon the faith it is by no means the end of the world

i do know there is a terrible but don't let them be an example of your faith, let them be an example of themselves, and give them an example of a good and tolerant homosexual to prove them wrong

christians should belive it is up to god to judge who is immoral and who should be forgiven, not themselves

3. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

I've never met a gay person who chose to be gay.

4. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Sorry to hear that you're upset about the Catholic Church's negative view of homosexuality. The problem is that Pope Benedict is against homosexuality, so everyone else has to be as well. I personally don't mind if someone is homosexual or not, but what I don't understand is why the Gay Pride parade has to be so raunchy?

5. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I think you're expecting way too much out of the religious.

Using logic, knowledge, and reason are just not common things you will find among them.

6. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I am not a Christian (anymore,) for the very same reasons or at least most of them that you have listed. I am still a believer, because as you said they do not follow the book, so I do not blame the book nor it's creator. We are all human, and Christians are taught to be the way they are. They have yet to see that they are being mislead, by thinking they can judge people. I don't judge you. I am a believer, but that is a whole other convo, which by what you are writing I can be safe to assume you could care less. I get tired of people grouping me with all other believers. The book says do not judge yet, people seem to over look that part, but I cannot judge them for being mislead can I? No, that would make me a hypocrite, which I am not. There are a lot of nice people who claim christianity. I just leave it to my boss on leading them. It doesn't mean I cannot be understanding on their or your situation. Blessings.

7. Pain&Sorrow

Pain&Sorrow Well-Known Member

Wait, what? I never said I specifically mad at the Catholic Church. I could give fuck less about the Catholic Church or their opinions on anything. They CC is a blatant lie.

8. greyroses

greyroses Well-Known Member

Homosexuality is wrong? *mind=blown*

9. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

They are definitely out of touch with reality and set in their outdated views. What you do in the privacy of your own home is your business and no one else's. There's nothing wrong with being gay, but I don't really like the 'in your face' public displays of homosexuality that I see around Toronto.

10. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

Lying is also wrong.
    But what do I know? I'm a penguin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.