Not happy the day after my birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClassicsFan

So on this site that I'm a moderator of, there’s a forum administrator who is known for creating happy birthday threads for other members of the site.

Well, she created a thread for a member's birthday today along with another one back in April, but didn’t create one for me yesterday. Instead, someone else did it.

And some of the other members of the site didn’t even bother to wish me a happy birthday (including the forum administrator).

I feel like a bunch of mixed emotions right now, and they aren’t happy ones.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Sorry you feel that way, but what others do isn't a good indicator of your worth. There's reasons why a person might want to create a thread for a friend or a "colleague" from administration of the forum, but they're not related to you at all. I hope you can understand that and spend a better rest of the day. *hug

Lisa the Goatgirl

She's less of an enigma now
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I can relate to feeling sad after your birthday, i tend to feel the same myself, and i can understand feeling down that somebody in that position seems to ignore it. Birthdays can be a chance, especially for those who generally feel unnoticed or unappreciated, to feel special, and worthy of notice for a day. And for someone like that to seemingly not notice that may feel like a squandering of that opportunity. *hug10

As the others say though, there could be a lot of reasons why this particular admin behaves this way. The three most relevant questions worth asking are:
1. How much contact do you usually have with this admin? Are you close? Do you talk a lot?
2. Does this admin usually create birthday threads for other moderators/staff?
3. How regularly does this admin make these birthday threads? You mentioned she made one today and another back in April which makes it sound like she really doesn't do that too often, maybe just for people she's close to. So this brings us back to question 1, how close are you?
I feel like if you ask yourself these three questions, you may well find several different explanations as to why she's behaved this way. *console

Ultimately though, my primary piece of advice would be this: It's best not to focus on those people who didn't notice you and instead to pay attention to those who did. They're the ones you should care about. Ultimately, you did get a birthday thread and birthday messages from some members of the site, and that's good, that's what you should focus on. *hug

Thauoy

So on this site that I'm a moderator of, there’s a forum administrator who is known for creating happy birthday threads for other members of the site.

Well, she created a thread for a member's birthday today along with another one back in April, but didn’t create one for me yesterday. Instead, someone else did it.

And some of the other members of the site didn’t even bother to wish me a happy birthday (including the forum administrator).

Happy belated birthday and a big hugs to you

Myaing

. . . ☯ . . .
Dude, it was my b-day some days ago. My friends forgot it or didnt give a shit. I had no money and i spent all day sleeping because i was tired from work. And i didnt get sad. You know why? Because i take responsibility for the quality of my life.
Its just your ego acting up. Choose to be free, beacause shit happens in life.

Happy birthday btw Wishing you strenght, health and growth in the following year. Dont let the little things get u down <3

Positively mean. I would take it extremely personally I'd feel snubbed. You are a moderator so staff and put your time in to this. Its also humiliating and tarnished your birthday 🎂 they are out of order its hurtful. Maybe you could suggest in a non confrontational way that the ynever bother to do a thread for you and this leaves you upset and see if they could acknowledge your existence next birthday you have if not leave go to somewhere welcoming. You don't need this in your life you just don't need this. I would say they forgot but you say they did this before and when another member started a thread kindly due to them, they couldn't even wish you birthday wishes. No they have it in for you sounds like passive aggressive treatment. Ask them to explain why they are acting to exclude you and be prepared to remove yourself if they keep upsetting you. It would have taken the admin a couple seconds to wish you a happy birthday and they do this all time. If they didn't think birthdays were important they wouldn't bother unless they only do these threads for members and not staff. If so that is there policy if not they are being horrible. Happy belated birthday I'm sorry you have had to feel so excluded on such a day ❤️🙏

Last edited:

Mr Pryce

Dont care about it. Someone who you didnt think cares about you. Cares about you. Sometimes strangers can seem to care more about you then family at certain times. Its not true, most humans have a good heart, they are just misinformed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00