Not having the guts to do it.....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by alexander, Oct 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexander

alexander Active Member

That's the worst thing seriously, it just makes me feel so trapped, I mean what the **** do you do, you know there's no point in going on but at the same time you don't have enough bottle to 'do it', I guess the slow way is the answer atm, good old alcohol, I really don't know what I'd do without it at these days.
  2. slacks315

slacks315 Member

Every failed attempt of mine makes me feel good about myself directly after because I didn't do it. But the next time I get depressed it's just one more thing I couldn't do. The worst part is I could do it. I didn't stop because I didn't have the guts or was worried about what people would do because of it. I stopped because I was just curious at what would happen if I didn't do it.

The fact that you can't do it is what you should be happy about. It means with everything going on you still have something to live for. It's a hell of a lot more then some have.
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello Alexander,
    Are you under doctors care for your illness? If you are then you shouldn't be drinking. It kills the effects some of your meds have. If you want to get better you need to do what your told by your shrink and therapist if you have one.
    If you don't have either one I would suggest you talk to your regular doctor and get a referral from him to a shrink. They will evaluate you to determin whether you need meds. Now a therapist I highly reccomend because they can teach you to cope with your feelings and help put you on the right path towards healing yourself. Good Luck!!~Joseph~
  4. palmtrees

palmtrees Well-Known Member

Yeah not every doctor is the same, mine is not too bad. Don't do it dude. Stuff could feel so much better...I'm not familliar with your situation but pretty much nothing is uncopewithable. Follow your goals, fuck everybody else, it can all come together for you. Little Miss Sunshine - "You do what you love, fuck everything else."
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Im stuck in the same situation as you. i just can't build up the courage to do it. alcohol does help a lot, but always makes everything worse afterwards, i hope you give up alcohol and try something else such as therapy :hug:
  6. notwanting2live

notwanting2live Well-Known Member

heya Im in the whole alchohol helping situation, yet I am having to go to rehab to get me off the alcohol before i can deal with my inner demons, becuase i have hidden behind alcohol for a long time. Alcohol is not the best soloution, as I have learnt the hard way. Maybe yuo could talk to your GP and ask him to refer you to a Pychsritrist, or maybe ask if you could have a mental health assessemnt. that is what i had to do when i started strugling.
    Suicide is not the answer, but it is a suggestion, remember that. Not all suggesstions work.

Good luck
    Take care xx
    Xx Sky xX
  7. Jooper62

Jooper62 Well-Known Member

I been on meds and drinking and had 3 suicide attempts within 2 weeks put in a hospital, I stopped drinking cold turkey because i am so desperate not to be suicidal ...I am still depressed everyday but not suicidal. Hope this helps you
  8. alexander

alexander Active Member

Thanks for the kind words guys.

I'm not taking meds, I've seen a shrink before but I wasn't really properly evaluated becuase I wasn't really completely honest with him so I was told that I was fine, I'm scared of telling them what goes in my head tbh, I don't want to be put on meds, anyway like I said in the OP I genuinely don't have the courage to go through with it anyway so I don't think I'm a danger to myself or anything, it just means that I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, not wanting to be alive but at the same time not having any option but to carry living and using alcohol to numb the pain, I know people must say/here this a lot but what annoys me most is that I didn't ask to be born into this body, that's what really angers me, I had no choice in the matter, but at the same time so much is expected of you.
  9. BetterLuckNextTime

BetterLuckNextTime New Member

I know how you feel. I've been thinking it about it for a very, very long time, and have gotten close, but have never managed to succeed, and now it's like, wow, if I can't even succeed at killing myself, what's the point of even attempting to succeed at anything?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.