Not just a problem for young people

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by LOZB44, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LOZB44

LOZB44 New Member

I am a 29 year old man and i am suffering from depression. I am pushing people away on a daily basis; my mother, sister, and even my wife. My wife is very supportive of me but i feel like i am holding her back. She is 25, a graduate, fun to be around and very beautiful. I feel like i am not man enough for her. I am unemployed because i was getting too stressed in my job, i am overweight and with bills to pay its getting ontop of me more and more.

I have tried to completely change my life by enrolling in a course at my local college and seeing if a new social circle will help but that doesnt start until Spetember and i am really feeling it at the moment. Don't know what to do, don't feel like a man and i am getting closer to hurting myself eachday.

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

hi, and welcome. sorry to read you are feeling so low at the moment. have you considered getting a counselor to help you through this time? it can be scary to reach out for help, but very worth it. september might seem a long way off but i hope you can hang on until then. i think it shows alot of courage to admit that you are hurting, and i hope you will consider opening up to someone about how desperate you feel.

3. The_8th_Wonder

The_8th_Wonder senior Member

Try and rally around your family. Sounds like you have a great one. Try to spend more time with them whenever and where ever you can. Your wife picked you out of everybody in the world for a reason. Your probably a great person and fun to be around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.