• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Not liking yourself

Optimistic Goatman

The woolly enigmatic one
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I think that can be a very helpful realisation to have, and one that a lot of people can overlook the importance of. But it helps so much in breaking that cycle of hating yourself, then hating yourself for hating yourself. I wish you the best in taking that genuinely important progress and hopefully advancing to the next stage of recognising your own flaws, but not seeing them as a reason for hatred. *hug

KM76710

KM stands for Kangaroo Manager
SF Supporter
Lots of people on here don't like themselves and have low or zero-self confidence. I have come to realize it is okay to not ike yourself and to have no or low self-confidence. Lots of people do not feel good about themselves. It is very common.
I say I have never seen anything worthwhile to myself or my time on Earth, I would give it up and let someone else have it since nothing good has ever come from my being.

Optimistic Goatman

The woolly enigmatic one
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I say I have never seen anything worthwhile to myself or my time on Earth, I would give it up and let someone else have it since nothing good has ever come from my being.
Tbf i suspect most people on this site would probably say that same thing about themselves, or have gone through a time where they would have done so. I know i certainly still struggle with feeling that way.

My point is that you're definitely not alone in feeling that, and if we can recognise that it's untrue when we hear this from others, why should it be different when applying it to ourselves? How can we know that we're more correct in feeling that way than any of the other people we know?
*hug10

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$95.00
Goal
$255.00