Not Looking Forward To This Failure

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Godsdrummer, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Somehow, every year and I mean every year, my wife and I wonder how on earth we are going to get Christmas done. Especially when the kids still believed in Santa. Yet someone we always made it.

This is going to be the first year in our kids exsistence when they wont get any gifts. It pains me to the core when I hear m son say, Dad, I want this thing for Christmas.

I havent had the heart to tell him.

My daughter is older and knows what is going on and she just have given up hope on Christmas or the world.

I had more money when my wife and I were seperated than I do know. At least then I could buy a few presents.

I know...we can make some. I cant even afford to go buy stuff to make gifts. :(

So.... I have failed to adequately support my family and I will have to bear the full onslaught of pain that will come on Christmas day.

I am a good man. and I cant figure out why bad things happen to good people.

Oh well.

2. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

stuff like this happens to all parents i think. its not a big deal.

3. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

Yeah, but on top of having a car repoed? I dont know.

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

A sit down with the kids to explain whats happening, some small (and I mean small) gifts for the kids.
    Then dig out all boxes of games and play with the kids, take them tobogganing if you have snow, make a snow man, go to midnight mass.
    Make the Christmas as much fun and as family orientated as you can.
    Who knows, you may find its the best one yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.