Not losing anything...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by bb564, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bb564

bb564 Guest

This is unfair. I've been eating well healthily and exercising loads for around 3 weeks, and I've actually GAINED weight.

This makes me hate "naturally thin" people, who can eat what they like and do no exercise and stay skinny.

2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

With the exception of those ppl who are morbidly obese, loosing the wt is not the most critical...it is feeling good in your body...it takes time for one's body to adjust to the new regime...eat well and exercise and you will feel good...btw, I lost 140 pounds and it took about 2 1/2 yrs...keep up the good work...J

3. Oenone

Oenone Member

Remedy, two thoughts:

(1) If your weight has been stable (though excessive) for a while, it can take a long time -- as long as 6 weeks -- for you to start losing. Just be patient.

(2) "Healthy" does not always mean "low calories". Sometimes, in switching to healthier foods, people actually increase their overall calorie intake on the instinctive belief that "healthy" foods can be consumed in any quantity. Also, some are made hungrier by physical activity and increase their intake once on an exercise program. That, in turn, leads to weight gain.

The best thing to do is to see a nutritionist, I think. (S)he can give you clearer answers.

4. SweetSurrender

SweetSurrender Well-Known Member

you're probably losing fat but also gaining muscle which weighs more than fat but is very healthy. Scales are not the be all and end all - more important is your BMI measurement and general fitness/health.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.