Not meant for the world?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by HalfBlind, Jun 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HalfBlind

HalfBlind Active Member

Sometimes from a few people I know, I've heard them say "maybe you just aren't meant for the world." It never bothered me for a long time until I thought about it. And realized that maybe they're right, perhaps I am better off in a psychiatric hospital somewhere (psychcologists have to earn money too right?). What do I have to give this world? I know that it's only a matter of time before something horrible happens and I end up dead or in prison for the rest of my life, and most of the people in my life know it. So, with this in mind, why not fix the proplem before it occurs? I don't think it would be a bad thing, I'm tired of people and their constant struggle to superior to others. I know not all people are like this (not many though), but it gets old after about 18 years, thus, death would be a mercy and blessing. I see no hope of the human race anymore.

Anyway, I guess it's what I've always wanted, isolation. Just john and his thoughts, it seems those are the only times I'm relaxed and content, I don't mind a conversation every now and then. But for the most part I just want to be left alone, is that too much ask for in life?
  2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

You been reading my mind? (haha) I live in isolation for fourteen years. I just don't trust people. For instance I thought I had made a friend in the hospital. I told him I had a diamond ring for sale for five hundred dollars. he sounded like he really wanted it. Well he gave me $150.00 and the balance by a bogus check. I found out thru the grapevine he had stole some checks from a lady he met in the hospital. He ripped her off for a couple thousand dollars.
    I let my guard down just to accept him as a new friend boy was I wrong. I told myself I will not be that gullable again.
    You are doing the right thing by contacting the forum. You will find that the people hear are very open about there problems. It is best to get them out in the open, because if you hold them in they will eat you alive. From the inside out. I personally wish the best for you. Depression is a b---- to deal with. That is why you shouldn't try to self meicate with alcohol. When you sober up the problem is still there.
    You have taken that first step to getting rid of your depression. I truly wish the best for you...:chopper:
  3. HalfBlind

HalfBlind Active Member

Yes, aren't people just great? But I guess there is a bad side to being hostile and suspicious all the time, because after awhile of that kind of behavior, we will all evolve into rodents (I want to be a badger)....
  4. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

The world is a terrible place... I completely understand.

But perhaps other than asking, "What can i give to this world" rather ask, why do i have to give anything to this world at all? You don't have to be a machine programmed to 'give' and your self worth doesn't have to be dependent on how much you 'give' to the world.

There's a lot in the world that could give you a lot of satisfaction, a lot you could gain from everything around you rather than feeling worthless for not being able to do what you think you should...

As for being alone, I'm in the same place, I don't really want many people around me. There's nothing wrong with solitude and wanting peace, away from others around you.

I've at times wanted to go underground too.... away from everything. :smile:
  5. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

ggg i agree with everything you said except that the world is a terrible place
    you can view things however you like. It's just based on perception.

And as far as not belonging in this world... I think we are all meant to be here. Otherwise, why would we? Was there some evil being that forced us all to come here, to be born? Was there some mistake and you were supposed to be born in another earth-like planet in another galaxy. I doubt it. Where else would you be if not for here? Here is where you belong, all of us that are here belong here. At least for now.
  6. darkrider

darkrider Well-Known Member

take it easy on yourself. why are your 'friends' any more meant for the world than U? was albert einstein any more meant for the world than me? fuck no. we're just living organisms who've developed intelligence. we're nothing. the universe is infinite. we are ALL insignificant. no one is better than anyone else, and dont let anyone tell u otherwise.
  7. HalfBlind

HalfBlind Active Member

darkrider... you sound way too much like a guy I knew in treatment. And it's not a good thing either, he stole my idea on how to solve world hunger...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.