Not much to talk to

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Pad, May 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

I'm really not.

I'm sure some have notice when I have been on the chat. I kind of zone out
    when I try to talk to people, i get pretty anxious. I don't like who I am. Please
    don't be offended if you have tried to talk to me and got a bad response, it's
    not that I don't like you I just don't like me, I can never think of anything to
    say

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

That's ok. Everyone's got there own stuff, and everyone here knows that.
    We love you just the same :hug:

3. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

no worries

:hug:

4. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

i hear you. i feel the same way right now.
    not that thats much help. but i understand what your saying :mellow:

5. Pad

Pad Well-Known Member

I noticed your sig, I love wish you were here

6. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Pad,

It's OK to be a quiet sort of person - just as much as it's OK to be a talkative person. We're all different.

I'm sure that in some convos you open up more than in others. That happens to all us. For example, I find large groups a bit intimidating. I feel invisible sometimes. I prefer small groups or just one-to-one conversations. In a large group, I can be extremely quiet and I drift off sometimes.

I think you're fine as you are and I'm sure you have lots to offer. "Not much to talk to" is not a fair self-assessment, Pad.

:hug:

A.

7. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Well chat itself can be some what intimidating to say the least. So please dont be so hard on yourself. You do have meaningful "conversations" when you reply to another member's post for help and support. And I'd say around here that is much more important than chat. You know what to say when it counts hun and that is something many people here are grateful that you do. Besides sitting on the sidelines sometimes allows us the opportunity to learn and see more than those playing the game. You're fine just the way you are.

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I'm the same way.. I don't do people... I try to hold a conversation and my anxiety goes up and my thoughts get all garbled up.. I just stay to myself so I don't have to go thru that..When I do venture out I wear a hat and sunglasses and never smile so people tend to leave me alone..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.