Not my fault?

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by sucidalgirl99, Oct 13, 2011.

1. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

I had art class today. It was ok until we had to practice lettering and scrolls for our day of the dead projects. Somehow, she didn't put enough examples on our table and didn't have the example sheet. When she came to my table, she told me I didn't do the right script. I told her I didn't have one and she told me I should've asked. She should've make sure we had enough supplies. I didn't want to bug her. Is it really my fault?

2. Moat

Moat Banned Member

I'd have to say, in this regard the fault lies with the both of you. It's her job as a teacher to make sure that her students have everything they need for the class activity in advance, but it is also the responsibility of the students to ask questions, procure (get) the necessary items needed to complete those tasks set out for them.
    Never mind worrying if you are 'bugging' the teacher about anything - it's their job and social obligation to help and lend an ear when needed. How can they do their job properly and to the best of their ability if their students aren't willing to raise a hand and ask questions about an activity or lesson plan?

3. sucidalgirl99

My point exactly.

4. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

I don't think it was your completely your fault hun. Your teacher should have known to give you the supplies and if she didn't she shouldn't have blamed you for that. But yes, you could have asked for them. I think it's more her fault tho, as she is the teacher :p :hug:s

5. sucidalgirl99

True.

6. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy