Not new but hi

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Dunbar, Aug 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dunbar

Dunbar Active Member

Hi, Im not a new member really, but it's been so long since ive been on here i thought i would introduce myself again.

Ive been struggling with severe depression for years, ever since i was about 12 i think. Im now 26 and been through some very dark times. I have been through therapy and been on medication but there has been little effect. I still get very low no matter what I try. Suicidal thoughts often creep up on me and before i know it im ready to do whatever i can to get rid of the bad feelings, i dont even know where they come from so how can i work out what to do about it? I isolate myself from friends and family and then feel I cant talk to them when i need to because i feel guilty about ignoring them.

Life for me at the moment is just one huge struggle. Im starting a degree in psychology soon so maybe i can find answers there. Im grabbing hold of everything i can to stay afloat but sometimes the rock is too heavy and i get too tired to keep battling it.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Welcome back hun when it get to heavy that rock you come here hun and talk okay pm me anytime as well hugs to you

3. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

I can relate to every word of your post, stay afloat, stay alive, stay strong.
    Things CAN get better, but it takes intention.
    Yes, the answers are there, but you have to look inside and give honest replies to painful questions.
    Isolation is not a good thing, but if you do choose to, use that time to be content in your own company, use it to find out what you are and if you can, use it to become the person you want to be.
    I wish you healing, from the bottom of my heart.

4. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

Hi

Welcome back to the forum.. sorry you're still struggling with depression and suicidal thoughts. I went back to uni a couple of years ago to do a psychology degree as I've always been interested in these self help and psychology books.. for me i just wanted to find a diagnosis or something that would help me sort my life out. While i found the psychology course very interesting, it didn't really help me find any answers i was looking for but hope it's of help to you.. it'll be interesting if nothing else :)

Jenny x

5. Jelly

Jelly Well-Known Member

Welcome back to the forums. Sorry to hear about your struggles, but believe me, it'll get better.

<3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.