• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Not okay

sadhart

SF Supporter
I'm very angry and I'm tired of hurting. I had a very negative experience at work today and my hypocritical jackass of a mother who lacks empathy made things worse. She wants me to open up but then chastises me for doing so. She half listens and ....you know what? I hate her. I hate for being su h a fucking hypocrite. I know I'm a bad person for saying that. I don't care. I hate this bullshit world and I hate living and I fucking quit trying to do so. Im sorry for sounding so unhinged but I'm tired of hurting so much and in vain.

sadhart

SF Supporter
Wow, it's bad enough to have the bad experience at work, and even worse to have your mother react like that.

I don't think so. I think anyone would feel the same about her.

I hope things can get better somehow

My mother is a hypocrite. If something isn't her problem then she doesn't care. At work, some prick put me in a position that I didn't want to be in. It's hard to explain but he wanted me to let him in a door that was exit only. He knows the rules but was too lazy to walk a few extra steps to the entrance. I tried to tell him and he acted like an entitled prick. I just gave up and let him in. Instead of a thank you he starts talking shit.

When I got to the car and tried to explain to my mother what happened, she does what she always does and acted dismissive. That just added to the frustration. When I gave up trying to explain what happened and decided to contact someone in HR, she was acting like that was wrong to do. And maybe it was, but that asshole was wrong for putting me in that position. That door is not an entrance for both health and safety reasons. A person once got fired and someone who didn't know that let her back in the building only for her to destroy the front lobby by tearing and breaking stuff.

The lady in HR along with a supervisor reviewed the tape and apparently that guy will be apologizing on Monday. Problem is, we live in a "no snitch" society and so I will now be seen as a untrustworthy co-worker. It shouldn't bother me as I am at a point where I am very unsure if I want to go through another year in this world, but yeah, it does bother me. But this has been a not so good week and bullshit like that is just something I'm fed up with.

I'm sorry for not explaining this better and for sounding so dramatic.

Sad Elf

Hi

You should not have been put in that position he sounds like an idiot. Rules are there for a reason especially health and safety ones. You did absolutely the right thing by going to HR

Elf

I'm sorry for not explaining this better
I thought you explained it well
and for sounding so dramatic
I thought you described the situation pretty clearly and concisely. I don't you did anything to exaggerate what happened.
we live in a "no snitch" society and so I will now be seen as a untrustworthy co-worker
I think it's better that you spoke up about this than just trying to hold it all in. That guy behaved outrageously, and he ought to face some consequences.

MosesY

Functioning Alcoholic
SF Supporter
You did the right thing. I know the situation you are in; people should be punished for wrong doing but instead people punish you for doing the right thing. I have been in that situation many times; to tell or not to tell? I normally let people slide a couple times and then I tell. Several times I told my supervisor about an employee who spends 45 minutes 3 times a day texting in the bathroom. He was finally fired, which made me feel like justice was done but I felt bad being the "snitch". After a while the animosity wears off and people respect you for doing the right thing; I hope this happens for you.

sadhart

SF Supporter
I thought you explained it well

I thought you described the situation pretty clearly and concisely. I don't you did anything to exaggerate what happened.

I think it's better that you spoke up about this than just trying to hold it all in. That guy behaved outrageously, and he ought to face some consequences.

I would like to believe I handled that the right way but it's difficult to do so.

sadhart

SF Supporter
You did the right thing. I know the situation you are in; people should be punished for wrong doing but instead people punish you for doing the right thing. I have been in that situation many times; to tell or not to tell? I normally let people slide a couple times and then I tell. Several times I told my supervisor about an employee who spends 45 minutes 3 times a day texting in the bathroom. He was finally fired, which made me feel like justice was done but I felt bad being the "snitch". After a while the animosity wears off and people respect you for doing the right thing; I hope this happens for you.
I keep thinking about if the roles had been reversed and how I imagine he wouldn't have cared. He wouldn't be feeling things like guilt and conflict or feeling like a coward like I am. I sometimes wish I could be as oblivious and conscious free like most people I encounter.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$150.00
Goal
$255.00