Not ready yet

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mpang123, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpang123

mpang123 Well-Known Member

Hello, for those who know me from all my other postings, you know I have a chronic issue with suicide. I received an e-mail from the American Association of Suicidology encouraging that survivors of suicide attempts to participate in a support group just for people and their families who have dealt with suicide in one way or another. Well, I was excited to want to participate, but then I started feeling urges to kill myself again. I clearly was not ready to share about it and I was triggered by the subject and now, I'm dealing with suicidal ideations again. I am safe right now because I have nothing in my apartment that I could really harm or kill myself with, (at least not that I can think of). I just wish that I was successful in my last attempt so I don't have to deal with these raw emotions and strong flashbacks causing me great anxiety, fear, and sadness. What should I do?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Participate in the support groups hun they will give you the skills the coping methods that they have used to deal with the pain you are feeling Continue to keep all doors open that will support you and give you strength ok Keep reaching out hun

3. Mayflower7

Mayflower7 Banned Member

Hi Mpang,
    I am so sorry, maybe give it time with the support group if it is triggering you. Do things in your life that bring you some happiness, even just watching a favourite film or TV. I know how hard it is to want to do anything. Do small things each day and be proud you accomplished those.
    I am having to block out my thoughts, only way I cope. Look to new changes in your life if you can, doing volunteer work if possible or a new hobby.
    Your posts are great, I hope it helps you expressing your feelings/thoughts on here.
    I hope it gets easier for you.
    Take care
    Kate

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.