Not really my place to grumble...

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by meaningless-vessel, Jun 9, 2013.

1. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

But I feel bad for my mum.

She recently had an op (end of march), after which she has followed the procedure of doctors certificates and what she is supposed to do.

However, her workplace seems to have breached the advice on the certification on two occasions. One, within in the very first week, where she was supposed to have been spending half her shift time at work, but this was upped before the week was out just to fit in line with their standard working week. The second, was a miscommunication and misunderstanding with another team leader, but on a managers choice of day off it gave her no choice but to stay behind 2 hours later.

I'm pretty annoyed but there's nothing I can actually do/I have no right to do anything about it.
  2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am sorry for the difficult situation your mum is in. If you are expressing your concerns to her so she knows you care , you are in fact doing something. If she knows she has your support if she decides she needs to file a complaint it will help her to do so. So far as direct action, you are unfortunately correct in thinking nothing you can do, I believe.

Take Care